Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite bands?
We have all sorts of topics for favorite music-related things, and even one for music we've recently gotten into, but no favorite bands topics? :huh: Sorry y'all I gotta spew love about my favorites. XD Feel free to post songs and background info and other stuff if you want as well!!

My top favorite band of all time (as of right now) is Palaye Royale. They classify themselves as a fashion art rock band so that's what I use to describe them. :P They have an EP and two albums out right now, although the EP is a way different style than the albums, and we're about to move into a new era which is really exciting. I've been listening to them steadily (like, every day) for over a year now and I love them so much.
My other favorites right now are Linkin Park, Green Day, and The Piano Guys. I don't listen to any of them as much but I've listened to them on and off for years and I always come back to them, which is kinda rare for me.
Honourable mentions are Black Veil Brides, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, and Twenty One Pilots. (Yes, I'm that girl. It's good music, though. I'm not a crazy fangirl I promise!!)
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 2 users Like Remington's post:
  • Dust Bowl , Reyzadren
I'm more into Christian metal myself. Top 10 fav bands from that genre:

1. Becoming The Archetype
2. Death Therapy
3. War of Ages
4. Demon Hunter
5. Phinehas
6. Impending Doom
7. Earth Groans
8. Reformers
9. The Saving
10. Deathbreaker

Lots of other bands from that scene I like though. Broken Flesh is a bit intense for me musically, but I like them as people, so I support them. Others have made at least one song that I like - Trenches, Living Sacrifice, For Today, Fit For A King, The Ascendicate, Haste The Day, August Burns Red, A Plea For Purging, Wolves At The Gate, Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh, Extol, Pantokrator, Theocracy, and others. I do also like some secular metal, like Hatebreed, older Metallica, and older Fear Factory.

I'm also into rock. hard rock, and borderline metal, along the lines of Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Trapt, Jet Set Satellite, earlier Our Lady Peace, earlier Finger Eleven, Matthew Good Band, The Watchmen, Foo Fighters, Disturbed, Evanescence, Econoline Crush, Filter, Stabbing Westward, Skillet, Flyleaf, Age of Electric, Limblifter, and even more pop-rock stuff like Barenaked Ladies and The Refreshments.

I also like electronic music of various genres, and amongst my favourites are the Front Line Assembly/Delerium sphere (so anything with Bill Leeb and/or Rhys Fulber), Jean-Michel Jarre, Enigma, Skinny Puppy, DJ Tiësto, Paul van Dyk, The Prodigy, Aphex Twin, Goldie, Gorillaz, NYVES, Ferry Corsten, Gouryella, Elude, Haak, Fatboy, Fatboy Slim, Moby, Andy Hunter, etc. Just... no house please. :P I prefer trance, D 'n' B, big beat, ambient, symphonic electronica, New Age music, but most House bores me.

I like a lot of other stuff, too.
[Image: mmT4f1B.gif]
Spammers Beware! I got my bollockin' face on!

Spam Topics EXTERMINATED: 42
Apparently CJ thinks my linguistics reading collection is massive enough to be one of the 25 most massive objects in the Solar System :lol:
(07-30-2018, 07:07 PM)Kyng Wrote: Come to think of it, I'm surprised Jarkko's collection of linguistics reading material wasn't there :thinking: .
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2 (2015, 2017) x1 (2014) x2 x1 x1 x1
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarkko's post:
  • Reyzadren
My top 3:

1. Disturbed
2. Five Finger Death Punch
3. Breaking Benjamin

Other favorites: Chevelle, Godsmack, Linkin Park, Metallica, Papa Roach, Seether, Shinedown, Staind, Three Days Grace
[Image: jCodesSig315.png]

[Image: nexads-pnbar.png]
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cory's post:
  • Reyzadren
1. Journey
2. The Eagles
3. Flogging Molly
4. AC/DC 
5. Dropkick Murphys 
6. Electric Light Orchesta
7. Queen
8. The Rolling Stones 
9. Foreigner 
10. Bee Gees

Those are my top 10 favourite bands. :)
[Image: 400?cb=20190621170454]
“I am a misanthrope, yet utterly benevolent.” — Alfred Noble
Obsessedwithbirds [Image: 60?cb=20190708144734][Image: 50?cb=20190710053751]
Ask. | Art and writing. (updated 7/15) | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
Within Temptation.

Breaking Benjamin.

The Go-Gos.

Survivor.

Journey.

Sabaton.

Las Ligas Menores.

La Oreja de Van Gogh.

Rata Blanca.

Belinda Carlisle.

The Clash.

Europe.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly
[-] The following 2 users Like Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Detective Osprey, Reyzadren
I have found my people, we all love similar music. :D
My Awards
My Items
In no order:
Queen
Van Canto
Sabaton
Fleetwood Mac
Mumford and Sons
The Eagles
The Beach Boys
The Beatles
John Williams (yes that John Williams I don't care if its not technically a band :P)
Glenn Miller
Trans Siberian Orchestra
Taylor Mitchell (such a tragic story)
Micheal Jackson (mostly his 80s pop)
Meatloaf
Elton John

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lurker101 's post:
  • Detective Osprey
Favourite bands: The Sorrow, Serenity, Amaranthe, Rise to fall, Breaking benjamin, Fall out boy, Maroon 5, Linkin Park, Green day.
[Image: 16235347681_8cae594d7e_o.jpg] Soundcloud Profile: Ascension Drive
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reyzadren's post:
  • Shiny Star
Mine is kind of a mixed bag. In terms of bands, my favourites are Owl City, Imagine Dragons, Chvrches and TwentyOne Pilots. Used to really like Green Day a while back, too.
[Image: CCcP1lA.png]

Quote:
CJ: Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them. So there's that.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2012) x1 (2016) x1 (2017) x1 x1 x6 x6 x3 x1 x2 x4
My Items
Cashew Petal Tictac Moxie
Assemblage 23, Suicide Commando, Hocico, Shiv-r, yada-yada-yada.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items