Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Reference Official Awards
You may have noticed that some members have a box beneath their signatures, showing trophies, medals, ribbons, etc. These are Official Awards, which are awarded to members for outstanding achievements within specific fields, especially those which contribute to the forums and the community. The purpose of this thread is to list all of the Official Awards, and to give information on how to earn them. 

The Official Awards are divided into categories, as follows: 

Special Contributions trophies

Special Contributions trophies are the highest level of award, given out to those who contribute measurably to the community in specific areas, beyond simply being active. These trophies are colour-coded according to the nature of the contribution, as follows:

[Image: bluetrophy.png] Blue Trophy - Given to those who drive the forums forward by suggesting good ideas which are implemented. 
[Image: greentrophy.png] Green trophy - Given to those who bring new members into the community by means of advertising, referrals, or simply telling their friends. Can also be awarded for bringing back older members.
[Image: pinktrophy.png] Pink trophy - Given to those who contribute by making quality artwork which is used on the forum. This can take the form of either themes or graphics. 
[Image: redtrophy.png] Red Trophy - Given to those who make important contributions to the wider Coffee House community outside the forum (e.g. the Discord chat).  

Forum Contributions trophies

Forum Contributions trophies are the second-highest level of award, given out to those who make outstanding contributions within a particular forum. This could involve starting a large number of relevant topics, or making in-depth and high-quality posts on the subject. There are ten trophies - six for individual forums under the "Topical Discussions" category; three for forums in the "Sports and Media" category; and one for user creations:

[Image: award-microscope.png] Golden Microscope - for contributions to Science and Nature;
[Image: award-mouse.png] Golden Mouse - for contributions to Technology and Computers;
[Image: award-cross.png] Golden Cross - for contributions to Health and Lifestyle;
[Image: award-crown.png] Golden Crown - for contributions to History and Society;
[Image: award-globe2.png] Golden World - for contributions to Current Events and Politics;
[Image: award-question.png] Golden Question Mark - for contributions to Abstract Ideas and General Knowledge;
[Image: award-masks.png] Golden Masks - for contributions to Entertainment;
[Image: award-boot.png] Golden Boot - for contributions to Sport;
[Image: award-controller.png] Golden Controller - for contributions to Gaming;
[Image: award-paintbrush.png] Golden Paintbrush - for contributions to user creations (Art and Design, or Stories and Literary Work). 

These used to be handed out by the staff, in the same manner as the Special Contributions trophies. However, this system has now been changed: instead, polls will be hosted every three months (every January, April, July and October) to determine who should win.

Staff trophies

Staff trophies are awarded for current or former service as a staff member on The Coffee House or an associated forum. For more information on the specific roles of each staff member, please see the Award Gallery.

[Image: gold_coffee_mug.PNG] Golden Coffee Mug - For staff service on The Coffee House.
[Image: gold_rook.PNG] Golden Rook - For former staff service on the Chess Resources Forum

Contest Ribbons

Contest Ribbons are awarded by contest leaders for outstanding performances in their contests, above and beyond what is normally required to win. These ribbons are colour-coded according to the category of the contest, as follows:

[Image: rosettelightblue.png] blue for word games (like 20Q, Rebus, No Vowels/Numbers/Gaps and Hangman);
[Image: rosetteorange.png] orange for Mad Libs and its derivatives;
[Image: rosettepink.png] pink for creative contests (like the Creeper Contest and Adam's current writing contest);
[Image: rosettered.png] red for prediction contests;
[Image: rosettewhite.png] white for image guessing contests (such as "Guess the Cropped Image") and their derivatives;
[Image: rosetteyellow.png] yellow for caption contests and their derivatives;
[Image: rosettegreen2.png] green for any other contests not covered by this (such as "Think of a name" contests).

Medals
Medals are given out for miscellaneous achievements which do not fall under any of the above categories. There are currently two such awards:

[Image: goldmedal2.png] Red for Member of the Year, as voted on by the membership (Gold: 1st place; Silver: 2nd place; Bronze: 3rd place)
[Image: goldrmedalgreen.png] Green for Newcomer of the Year, as voted on by the membership (Gold: 1st place; Silver: 2nd place; Bronze: 3rd place)
[Image: goldmedalpink.png] Pink for Arcade Medals, which are given out for achieving high scores in the arcade. For more details, please see this topic.
[Image: goldmedalblue.png] Blue for Donor's Medals, which are given out for donating Coffee Credits to the Coffee Credit Bank. For more information, please see this topic. 

Good luck with winning these!
            [Image: SimbasMate.gif]

[Image: j0KgiGA.gif]
Stamp by ObsessedwithBirds

Kyng Wrote:"When 900 years old you reach, look as sexy as me, you will not"
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2014) x1 (2015) x1 x1
My Items
Col. Marcus Chester Glitter Jimmy Fear Crowley
[-] The following 4 users Like Nilla's post:
  • Crooked Crow , Ddmkm122, Detective Osprey, Kyng
Updated to add Staff Trophies, for current and former staff. 

(These will soon replace the 'Former Staff' group, which it was felt wasn't really serving its intended purpose: most former staff either went inactive or preferred to return to a 'member' group)
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • .bryn
If I can add... shouldn't Pyrite have the Golden Rook also, as I think he was from CRF? (He mentioned it that he was from there like the others). Also, I don't recall Candyguitar ever being around, yet Scott still is in a way as "Away Staff".

Just wanted to point things out.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
(01-16-2019, 03:13 PM)BrynStevens Wrote: If I can add... shouldn't Pyrite have the Golden Rook also, as I think he was from CRF? (He mentioned it that he was from there like the others). Also, I don't recall Candyguitar ever being around, yet Scott still is in a way as "Away Staff".

Just wanted to point things out.

I was a member on CRF, but never served on the staff team there. My brother @ Falconhawk did, though. The rook is specifically for people who served as staff on CRF.

Candyguitar served as an Admin on CRF and TCH, but retired from his duties a couple of years ago due to a lack of available time.
[Image: CCcP1lA.png]

Quote:
CJ: Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them. So there's that.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2012) x1 (2016) x1 (2017) x1 x1 x6 x6 x3 x1 x2 x4
My Items
Cashew Petal Tictac Moxie
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pyrite's post:
  • .bryn
I'll also point out that this is only one of several staff-related changes I'm making today. The business with CG and Scott will all make sense when I'm done :) .

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

My Awards
My Items
I've modified the opening post to bring the forum names up to date. The main change is that, since "What If?" no longer exists, the Golden Question Mark is now given out for contributions to Abstract Ideas and General Knowledge instead.

(Since @ JHG already had a Golden Question Mark for his contributions to "What If?", he keeps that :) )

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
Gotcha!
[Image: 620834hjpskw5lkm.jpg]
Coffee helps me maintain my “never killed anyone streak” - Anonymous
My Awards
My Items