The Coffee House
A Pokemon board - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements and Feedback (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Feedback and Suggestions (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: A Pokemon board (/showthread.php?tid=3531)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: A Pokemon board - Deleted User 8 - 05-24-2019

If you do this, what will happen to the other Nintendo-based threads? Will they be moved to the main Gaming board?

And personally, I'm not in favour of the proposed change. Not sure if making a "Pokemon Games" subsection under Nintendo would be better.

RE: A Pokemon board - Pyrite - 05-24-2019

I think having a subforum of a subforum would be a stretch too far. At the end of the day, the other Nintendo threads are getting bogged down by all the Pokémon talk, so perhaps they would benefit from just being in the gaming section?

There's also the fact that a lot of games on the Nintendo systems aren't created by Nintendo themselves, and many are on multiple platforms, including non-Nintendo ones. So at that point, perhaps it would be easier just to have a section for the Pokémon franchise, since it is discussed so much, and for the other game-related topics to go in Gaming? Then we lose the issue of deliberating whether a game is Nintendo enough to go in the Nintendo section.

In other words, I'm all for the change. Seems to be a win-win for all threads concerned.

RE: A Pokemon board - Kyng - 05-24-2019

Yeah, that's right: the non-Pokémon Nintendo threads would just go in General Gaming.

I agree that a sub-sub-section (Gaming --> Nintendo --> Pokémon) isn't the way to go. For one thing, I find sub-sub-sections to be clunky: I've never used them except for the occasional read-only archive. The other issue is, there are so few non-Pokémon Nintendo topics (I think less than a dozen) that the main 'Nintendo' section would serve very little purpose. All it would do is make the Pokémon content (which is most of the Nintendo content) harder to access.

Also, Pyrite agrees with a layout change??? We should probably check the skies for flying pigs :lol:

RE: A Pokemon board - Gaomon274 - 05-24-2019

I personally don't like the change as we make a more broad section focus down on a narrow topic. Though outside of E3 we don't have a lot of new Nintendo titles to get hyped over since Splatoon, Zelda BotW, Smash, etc are already out barring new Smash DLC; while Pokemon has two new games coming so I can see the need at least in the short term.

RE: A Pokemon board - Eremurus - 05-24-2019

I thought we wanted to fix the bloat and clutter?

RE: A Pokemon board - Kyng - 05-24-2019

(05-24-2019, 10:06 PM)Crooked Crow Wrote: I thought we wanted to fix the bloat and clutter?

Yep: I haven't abandoned that aim. Phase 2 of my plan will be posted once the current stuff is taken care of :P .

If this goes ahead, then it would replace the 'Nintendo' board. There's really no point in having both a 'Nintendo' board and a 'Pokémon' board.

RE: A Pokemon board - LadyJirachu - 05-25-2019

FREE LIKES FOR EVERYONE :D

I really, really look forward to the pokemon board!^^ i'll have fun posting in that for sure :D

And thank you to Jackster for suggesting it :)

EDIT: ...Well okay I didn't give likes to those who weren't in favor of the board being made xD;;;

RE: A Pokemon board - Kyng - 05-25-2019

Okay, I've just checked through the Nintendo sub-forum, and there's more non-Pokémon stuff in there than I thought. By my count: out of 64 topics in total, 33 are related to Pokémon, and 31 are not.

However, if we just look at the 30 topics on the first page, 26 topics are related to Pokémon, and 4 are not. Many of the non-Pokémon topics are old ones that Gao cross-posted when the new board was first being set up.

Still, since there's more non-Pokémon Nintendo content than I thought, I'm honestly indifferent at this point between "Change it to Pokémon" or "Leave it as it is". The vast majority of active Nintendo topics right now are Pokémon, but I don't know whether that'll remain the case a few months down the line.

My suggestion is: leave it as it is for now, and take another look at it in a month or two. Then, we'll have a better idea of whether the current increase in Pokémon activity is a long-term trend, or just a short-term spike.

RE: A Pokemon board - Digital Dictator - 05-25-2019

delete

RE: A Pokemon board - Kyng - 05-25-2019

(05-25-2019, 10:04 PM)Digital Dictator Wrote: Personally, I think there are too many forums, hence why I haven't been here for a while (too spread out). It wouldn't hurt to consolidate a couple. Perhaps introducing thread prefixes could help out with distinguishing a thread's "genre" from another.

Yeah, that is planned, once I've figured out the best way to do it. I dealt with some of the low-hanging fruit (for example, getting rid of the "What If?" section) a few weeks ago, and I'm toying with some ideas for condensing a couple more.

I'll introduce those soon, once the current issues are dealt with :) .