The Coffee House
Coffee House - MyBB and You - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements and Feedback (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements and Board Information (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Coffee House - MyBB and You (/showthread.php?tid=160)

Pages: 1 2

Coffee House - MyBB and You - Kyng - 06-21-2018

As you are aware of, due to circumstances beyond our control, TCH has decided to move over to the MyBB forum software on the host IcyBoards as ZetaBoards' software was removed and forums migrated to Tapatalk which we did not wish to be a part of.

While MyBB offers many cool features, there are various things that are changed, removed, or added compared to ZetaBoards.

Here are a list of things that will be different so you are aware. (Much of the work on this was done by Gaomon274 - so, thanks for that :D !) 

Added features Removed features
Altered features

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by any removed or altered features, but we hope you enjoy the MyBB version of Coffee House :D .

If you have any questions about something on the MyBB platform, feel free to ask and we will try to help as best we can.
This will be a learning experience for all of us, but we will make it work and we won't give up :) !

RE: Coffee House - MyBB and You - Kyng - 06-23-2018

Added another point. It's small, but important for anyone who wants to cross-post images: 

Specifying the width and height of an image is now [ img=480x300 ] instead of [ img=480,300 ].

RE: Coffee House - MyBB and You - JHG - 06-24-2018

Looks nice so far.

RE: Coffee House - MyBB and You - Deleted User 8 - 06-24-2018

I'm already familiar with how MyBB works anyway, although it had been years since I was last on a forum powered by it (which was back in 2006/07). This feels good already :)

RE: Coffee House - MyBB and You - Eremurus - 06-24-2018

MyBB looks way better than Zetaboards. Good riddance.

RE: Coffee House - MyBB and You - Moonface - 06-24-2018

I'd seen some of the work on the IcyBoards version before the need to change to self-hosted MyBB, and what I saw there was already looking like great progress so it isn't surprising to see the final result is well done. I know too well the effort that has to go into moving a board from ZB to MyBB starting from scratch with almost everything, so I appreciate the work everyone put into this. :)

RE: Coffee House - MyBB and You - Gaomon274 - 06-25-2018

(06-23-2018, 06:44 PM)Kyng Wrote: Added another point. It's small, but important for anyone who wants to cross-post images: 

Specifying the width and height of an image is now [ img=480x300 ] instead of [ img=480,300 ].

This one I'm surprised I didn't check on MyBB lol.
Though I hadn't had a reason to post an image on here yet so maybe that's why haha.

RE: Coffee House - MyBB and You - aerodynamik - 06-25-2018

Excellent work so far guys. I'm sure you all will get used to it soon and will never ever want to go back to the old version (software-wise) ^_^ Wonderful work on the themes conversions as well.

RE: Coffee House - MyBB and You - Kyng - 06-25-2018

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :D

And, yeah, we're still in the initial "getting used to it" phase, and we still have problems to sort out - but, ZetaBoards is already starting to feel like a past home to me :) .

RE: Coffee House - MyBB and You - Detective Osprey - 06-25-2018

I think this one is easier to use.