The Coffee House

Full Version: POLL - Christmas Morning Writing Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Our Christmas Morning Writing Contest has just closed. In total, we got four entries - as follows:

Entry #1, submitted by :

Entry #1

Entry #2, submitted by :

Entry #2

Entry #3, submitted by :

Entry #3

Entry #4, submitted by :

Entry #4

Simply vote for up to two of your favourite entries. The poll will run for three days, and then the winner will receive 1000 Coffee Credits - and, if they win by at least 2 votes, a Rosettepink Pink Ribbon!

Good luck, everybody :D !
There were paragraphs on my one. I guess they didn't transfer over, since I wrote my entry on a Word document.

Ash Ketchum rushed down the long hallway of stairs that led to the colossal living room. It was finally Christmas! He’d finished his journey in Alola and planned on spending Christmas sat home with his mum and Pokémon. Ash had gotten dresses quite quickly, then had headed downstairs to greet his mum and Pokémon.

The living room had a light wooden floor, a TV and a huge Christmas tree in the corner.

Ash’s mum was sitting on a velvet sofa in the living room. She was looking very jolly and drinking a warm cup of coffee. She’d woken up early and prepared a huge breakfast for Ash. She didn’t get to cook for him much anymore, due to him always being off on his adventures in other regions.

There was a long table that was adorned with a variety of fruit, breads, vegetables, rice, pasta and much else. Ash didn’t waste a minute in sitting down, eating as much food as he could in one mouthful, leaving Delia to chuckle to herself.

“Good thing I made plenty of food this morning,” she thought to herself.

“Merry Christmas, Mum!” Ash cheered. “Thanks for the food!” Ash praised with a plate full of food in front of him.

“Merry Christmas, Ash! It’s lovely that you’re home for Christmas this year.

“Yeah, it feels nice to be back for a couple of weeks,” he replied while slowly finishing off the food he was eating.

Once Ash had finished eating his delicious breakfast, he jogged over to the window on the far side of the living room, then he took a glance from outside it and into the field that stood opposite his battered house. The tree’s branches swayed gently in the soft breeze, providing a constant, quiet rustle. The sky was now slowly getting covered with depressing clouds.

Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the front door. Ash sprinted over to the battered door, the door to the house slowly parted with a creek, revealing it to be his best friend, Dawn.

Dawn had a pastel red coat on, a pair of black tracksuit joggers on, which was overtopped with a pale pink skirt. On her feet, where a bright pink pair of boots. Her bright blue hair was lying loose and being topped with her usual white beanie. Suddenly, a huge smile appeared on Ash’s face, Ash and Dawn instantly gave each other a huge hug.

“Dawn, it’s so amazing to see you again!” Ash exclaimed.

“Merry Christmas, Ash! I decided to come over here and spend some Christmas time with you” Dawn explained, “My mum is currently at the hotel that we’re staying at over here.”

“Come in at make yourself at home,” Delia said, as she rushed over to the door to shake Dawn’s hand. Before stepping into the kitchen to prepare the Christmas lunch.

Dawn stepped inside, took off her clucky red coat, revealing that she was wearing a dark green Christmas jumper with a picture of a pokeball on it. Dawn then took off her pale-yellow bag, fiddled around in it for a bit, then produced a square shaped green package.

“Here’s my gift to you, Ash” Dawn told him, smiling. Dawn then took out the gift that Ash had sent her last week. She bought it with her so they could open their gifts to each other together.

“Thanks, Dawn.” He told her, “I wonder what this gift is,” he wondered, while shaking the package gently. Ash began to slowly un-wrap the gift, he wasn’t sure what it was. He suddenly saw a cardboard-style box underneath the sparkly wrapping paper. It soon revealed to be a brand-new Dec console. It was a device that you could connect to a regular pokedex, so you could play video games on your pokedex, do drawings, send messages to friends. It was something he’d dreamed of having for a while.

“Thank you so much, Dawn,” Ash exclaimed, while taking the device out of its box and having a look at glossy design of it.

“You’re welcome, Ash. Now it’s time for me to open my gift from you.” Dawn slowly began to unwrap the shimmering pink wrapping paper. Underneath the paper was a picture, but not just an ordinary picture, but a picture of a watch, wait a second, this isn’t a picture, it’s a box for the pokewatch 5.0. It’s a watch that had games, apps, so many features.

Dawn’s face beamed with excitement when she saw her gift, she then leapt at Ash, giving him a huge hug. “Thank you, Ash, I needed this new pokewatch so much – due to my old one cracking when I slipped over and landed on my arm last month.”

“I knew you needed a new one, so that’s how I got the idea to get you that as a Christmas present,” Ash explained while returning Dawn’s hug.

“Ash, I’ve always admired you and thought you were a handsome, inspiring and generous person. I’ve always gained inspiration from you, and I love it when we work together as a team. Ash, what I’m trying to say is… I love you and have feelings for you.” Dawn said while stuttering a bit.

“Dawn, I’ve had feelings for you for a while, whenever we worked as a team, I could feel how strong our bond and teamwork is, plus, you’re one of the people I trust more than anybody else in the world. You’re the nicest person I’ve travelled with. I love you too, Dawn.” Ash explained.

“Now here’s your main present;” With that, Dawn and Ash gave each other a passionate kiss, they stood with their arms wrapped around each other tightly. Kissing for a solid minute, before separating for air.

“This is the best Christmas present ever!” Ash cheered.

“Agreed!” Dawn replied.
(12-26-2019, 06:13 PM)Greninlucarizardlup Wrote: [ -> ]There were paragraphs on my one. I guess they didn't transfer over, since I wrote my entry on a Word document.

<snip>

Whoops, sorry about that :( ! I've fixed yours in the opening post now :) .
(12-26-2019, 06:21 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2019, 06:13 PM)Greninlucarizardlup Wrote: [ -> ]There were paragraphs on my one. I guess they didn't transfer over, since I wrote my entry on a Word document.

<snip>

Whoops, sorry about that :( ! I've fixed yours in the opening post now :) .

Thanks, Kyng. :)
Voted. 

But fur whom did I vote? :P
(12-26-2019, 07:16 PM)Dust Bowl Wrote: [ -> ]Voted. 

Headdesk

That's the kind of pun I would expect from !!!
(12-26-2019, 07:19 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]

Headdesk

Oh I am hurt, why am I not included in the punishment list?! :P
(12-26-2019, 07:19 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]

Headdesk

She needs vacations, too!
Voted. Good luck!
All the stories have great heart and effort into them!  Best of luck!  (I abstain from voting as a participant)
Pages: 1 2