Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answers with Joe
Answers with Joe is a YouTube channel run by science enthusiast Joe Scott. Initially, he made videos about all kinds of different things; however, his science and tech videos proved to be the most popular of the lot, and so, he focuses on these subjects these days. However, that doesn't stop him from making occasional forays into other subjects :P

The channel is similar to that of his good friend Isaac Arthur (who has his own thread over here), although his videos are more variable in length: they can be anything between 5 and 30 minutes long (whereas most of Arthur's videos are at the top end of this range). 

I actually discovered this channel via a collaboration between the two, on "Five ways in which the world could be destroyed". Here's Scott's half, in which he outlines five ways in which all life on Earth could be destroyed: 

Sounds pretty frightening. But, if you're scared by that, perhaps Arthur's part will reassure you: he goes through the ways in which we could protect ourselves against these events :)

I haven't watched the second part yet - but I'll have to do that when I get a chance!
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • ObsessedwithBirds
Ooh. I keep forgetting to watch. I think I'll watch that soon. :P
Obsessedwithbirds iNaturalist | Archive of Our Own: Ospreyeagle | All Birds Wiki | Taxonomy in Flux | Instagram [Image: Staraptor90.gif]
New lyrics for Elton John, by my birds: ;   ] cz h1yyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyss ki[,  /’  dh u1d      
[Image: ObsessedwithBirds.gif]
[Image: ospsig.png]
Thank you @ Nilla <3
My Awards
x1 x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori
Don't worry: I keep forgetting to watch his videos too :P

However, I did find a recent video by him, that covers a different issue from usual. He's arguing here that starting school early in the day (sometimes as early as 7am) harms kids: 

I'm glad I never had to start that early. We didn't need to be there until 8:45am, and lessons didn't start until 9:10am!
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items