Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Interesting Maps Thread
Canananadaland 8D

Anyway, not sure if I should post this one but, here goes...

[Image: imrs.php.jpeg?format=750w]

I would've thought down south would be more prejudice but apparently, it seems more rampant on one side of the country <_< I guess those would be areas @ The Last Outlaw would never step foot to either, nevermind Alabama and Mississippi alone.
[Image: E12av.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1
My Items
This seems to be one of those maps that's basically just a population density map :lol: . It looks to me as though this is just based on "Number of searches", not "Number of searches per capita". The eastern half of the country has a higher population density than the western half, so it's going to have more searches for the N-word (or 'pizza', or 'Ed Sheeran', or pretty much anything :P ).

With that said, Mississippi and Alabama have a low population density, and sadly, they're mostly in orange and red in spite of this :( . Same with the swathe of red running through the Appalachian mountains. The red in the upper peninsula of Michigan does surprise me though: that place isn't known for racism, and it doesn't have a high population density either :O !
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
This will not be funny, but let me put my David Letterman glasses and give you the top 10 list of the most racist states in the country.

10. Kentucky
9. Missouri
8. Georgia
7. Oklahoma
6. Arkansas
5. Louisiana
4. Tennessee
3. Texas
2. Alabama
1. Mississippi

Florida ranks 12th
Oregon (my home state) ranks 31st
North Carolina (my old home) ranks 15th
South Carolina ranks 11th
Vermont ranks 48th
New York (my birthplace) ranks 43rd
[Image: IEImR.md.png]
[Image: IEoIn.md.png]
My Awards
My Items
[Image: most_common_country_of_origin_of_foreign...n_1904.jpg]
[Image: ACBlackJ0ck.png]
[Image: 76561198002245938.png]

Twitter | Instagram |  Tumblr | MyAnimeListLetterboxd | 
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes ACBlackJ0ck's post:
  • BrynStevens
There's more Poles living in Germany than Turks and Arabs? Interesting.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1
My Items
Yeah, some of those are surprising. In particular, I'm surprised that there are more Poles in Iceland than Danes, and more Poles in Norway than either Danes or Swedes.

(Also, interesting how they treat the Isle of Man as a separate country. I know it's not technically part of the UK, but then, nor are the Channel Islands, and they haven't filled those in!)

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

My Awards
My Items
Given the current hoo-hah about Trump building that wall, here's something else to show...

[Image: axxbr2j3yfny.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1
My Items
Interesting - there are more than I might have thought there. 

In particular, I'm surprised there are so many planned ones! I wonder how many will end up getting built?

My Awards
My Items
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)
My Awards
x1 (2017)
My Items
Wow, very little overlap there - although, I suppose the candidates and platforms were radically different. 

(Also, I made that one a thumbnail, since it was so large that it wasn't displaying in full on some themes :( )

My Awards
My Items