Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Force India go into administration
Yeah. Of course, in the not-so-recent past, Williams was one of the top teams - and they were pretty much the only ones willing to do something about it and sign on to a budget cap, if my memory serves me correctly -_-

Just makes it even sadder that they are where they are now...
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
And, at last, Force India are safe. They've been re-named "Racing Point Force India" for the rest of the year: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45289018

However, the team is technically a new entry (Lawrence Stroll bought Force India's equipment, but not their place on the grid) - so, they've had to forfeit all their points and prize money accumulated so far. That's got to hurt :( .

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
Okay, Force India's situation has improved somewhat. The other teams have at least agreed to let them keep their prize money; however, they still need to start from zero in the championship: 

https://www.racefans.net/2018/08/24/forc...ize-money/

My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
It's just weird that that's a thing to start with.
Like in NASCAR, if you don't buy the owner points you start from zero but the driver's retain their driver's points and the money isn't affected.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThA1gowquN5v4r388-VQv...5iS5WvSi9s]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
Yeah, I believe that both drivers are retaining their points; it's just the team's points that are being wiped. 

I don't expect the two drivers will necessarily retain their seats, though. It's almost certain that Lance Stroll is going to move to the team, which means either Sergio Pérez or Esteban Ocon will need to move over for him. The general agreement is that Ocon is the better driver; however, rumour has it that Pérez will keep his seat, because Lawrence Stroll is worried that his son will look bad if he has Ocon as a team-mate :facepalm:

I do hope that's just a stupid rumour, and not how Stroll is seriously considering running his team.

My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items