Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interstate High Speed Rail
I like the way it looks. It looks cool. I haven’t had any ideas so maybe I’ll think of some.
[Image: 530-90_5a5abe88d1223.jpg]
A simple love
The saving kind
The clueless sadness tries to feast on sand
Please believe this, try to know
That we will save you then

Obsessedwithbirds 
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori
Awww, OK :( 

Well, I decided it was time to continue with the line from Texas to California - so, I started out on that by marking out the first bit of that route: 

[Image: U1WPnN6.png]

There are only four top-100 cities in this part of the map that haven't been connected up yet: three more in Texas, and one in New Mexico. There are also three national parks in the area, two of which I marked in brown (the third, Guadalupe Mountains, didn't exist until 1972, so I've left it off). And E.T. for the Atari 2600 wasn't released until 1982, so I didn't bother marking on the millions of cartridges that were dumped in the New Mexico desert :P

Finally, I marked some notable Mexican cities in green, in case we wanted to connect those, either now or later. (BTW, I just drew the Mexican state borders by hand - so, if they look off, that's why :lol: )
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
Time to continue with this, I guess :P

In my previous post, I was thinking of adding a line from California to Texas. However, I just noticed that we already have a line from Florida to Texas (specifically, from Miami to Dallas/Fort Worth). So, how about we just extend that line westwards, and have a line running all the way from Florida to California? 

The next major city to the west of Fort Worth is Lubbock (1960 population: 128,691), so I'll start by connecting that up. Then, we might pick up Roswell, New Mexico (1960 population: 39,593), before turning south to pick up Carlsbad Caverns and El Paso. After this, there aren't any more cities worth connecting until we reach Tucson, then Phoenix (I did think of putting multiple stations in and around Phoenix since it covers such a large area, but other than Mesa, I couldn't find anywhere decent :( ). Then, the last settlement in Arizona that might be worth connecting is Yuma (1960 population: 23,974), before we get to California. We can't really finish this line in San Diego (too many mountains in the way), so instead we'd go north, picking up the Joshua Tree national park, then San Bernardino (1960 population: 91,922), then perhaps Pasadena (1960 population: 116,407), before finishing in Los Angeles: 

Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

I'm not sure about these 'maybes': Yuma is small; Roswell is a significant detour; Mesa is small and close to Phoenix; and Pasadena is very close to Los Angeles. However, even with them, this line is looking pretty sparse: there are large stretches of TX, NM and AZ with nothing in them. I'm not sure what to do there :( !
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • ObsessedwithBirds