Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interstate High Speed Rail
Lawton had about 34,000 people in 1950 and 60,000 in 1960. (I’ve been there, it’s hugeand the highways are confusing! Even has its own Walmart!) There’s also the Wichita Mountains. Maybe the tracks could go around it instead of thru it, as to not damage them? Or maybe even a section that goes above the area where they keep Texas Longhorns, Pronghorn and Bison?

Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge
Oklahoma
https://goo.gl/maps/hg3YUa8eurp
Obsessedwithbirds iNaturalist | Archive of Our Own: Ospreyeagle | All Birds Wiki | Taxonomy in Flux | Instagram [Image: Staraptor90.gif]
New lyrics for Elton John, by my birds: ;   ] cz h1yyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyss ki[,  /’  dh u1d      
[Image: ObsessedwithBirds.gif]
[Image: ospsig.png]
Thank you @ Nilla <3
My Awards
x1 x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori
Should be easy enough :) . I wasn't planning to take the tracks up there anyway: the station would be to the south-east of that wildlife refuge. Perhaps it could be near that Museum of the Great Plains that you mentioned in one of the other threads :P .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • ObsessedwithBirds
There's an idea. :P Still it'd be cool to put it going thru the Wichitas. :D
Obsessedwithbirds iNaturalist | Archive of Our Own: Ospreyeagle | All Birds Wiki | Taxonomy in Flux | Instagram [Image: Staraptor90.gif]
New lyrics for Elton John, by my birds: ;   ] cz h1yyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyss ki[,  /’  dh u1d      
[Image: ObsessedwithBirds.gif]
[Image: ospsig.png]
Thank you @ Nilla <3
My Awards
x1 x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori
Okay, I've got a revised version of the map here: 

[Image: e4H8PIc.png]

As you can see, I've made a few changes: 

• Instead of Ardmore, the line between OKC and DFW goes through Lawton and Wichita Falls now; 

• As I said a few posts up, the 'Houston' branch will become part of a new line leading to Miami. As a result, I've marked it as a separate line now, starting in DFW;

• I've marked on the first phase of this line, leading to New Orleans. There was really only one sensible route to take this line. The populations of these five cities in 1950 were as follows:

• Beaumont: 94,014
    • Lake Charles: 41,272
    • Lafayette: 33,541
    • Baton Rouge: 125,629 (#82 in USA)
    • New Orleans: 570,445 (#16 in USA)

I've marked the first two in Louisiana as 'Maybe', because they're quite a bit smaller than the other three cities.

Now, my guess is that these latest expansions would take us to the end of 1959. This route isn't going to make it to Miami until at least 1960, probably 1961. So, in my next post (which will cover the remainder of the route to Miami), I'm going to start going by 1960 populations, instead of 1950 populations :) .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items