Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation Sea Lion
(11-24-2018, 02:47 PM)Kyng Wrote: Yeah, they'd probably devote more resources to that than they did in OTL, but they'd surely still have some forces defending their western border. Especially considering they haven't taken any of the losses from their OTL World War II participation, they'll have easily have a big enough military to keep their European border secure, and still have plenty left over to help China. 

Presumably, there would be no nuclear attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so we'd get a massive Sino-Soviet invasion of Japan. How does that go, and what becomes of Japan afterwards?
Given the mass casualties the Chinese already took, an invasion might not be worth it.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1 (2016) x1
My Items
Well, even if they decide an invasion isn't worth it, they're probably going to want to do something about Japan, instead of just sitting there and letting them expand across the Pacific. There aren't any nukes yet, so perhaps a massive conventional bombing campaign? 

(Of course, getting Japan to actually surrender would be pretty slow, so it's possible that Japan survives long enough to attack Pearl Harbor and drag the USA in. At that point, of course, Japan would be completely screwed.
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items