Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation Sea Lion
(08-04-2018, 07:52 PM)Kyng Wrote: Quite possibly. 

Also, what happens with regards to eastern Europe? Those nations haven't been ravaged by war to the same extent that they were in real life, and the Soviets played no role in the victory over Nazi Germany, so does communism spread at all in eastern Europe? (Or China, for that matter?)
1. They go for “nationalistic nostalgia” like Poland romanticizing the Winged Hussars, Romania still idolizes Vlad the Impaler, etc.
2. No communism in Eastern Europe. But since Mao’s Red Army had backing from Soviets before World War II, the Communists still win.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1 (2016) x1
My Items
This sounds like it could get quite ugly, then :( . Eastern Europe has plenty of ethnic minorities and irredentist movements (for example, the ethnic Hungarians living in Romania), so if those countries go off in a nationalistic direction, I can see there being a lot of wars as these nations try to reclaim their former territory. 

Basically, it'd be like the wars in the former Yugoslavia in the early 1990s, but extended to the entirety of eastern Europe. Sadly, there would probably be several Srebrenica-type incidents of genocide taking place in eastern Europe during the 1940s and 1950s :'( .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
Oh dear, I hadn’t thought of that. I think I made this timeline worse than OTL!
My Awards
My Items
I don't know yet: remember that there isn't going to be a Holocaust. Instead of one big genocide, there will be several smaller ones. 

Another thing to note is that, while those six million Jews will still be alive, I expect the overwhelming majority of them will still want to flee Europe due to the anti-Semitism that still exists there at this time. Some will move to the USA; a few will move to France and the UK; but I expect most will move to the Middle East to what will later become Israel (which will likely be stronger than OTL).
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
True and the Palestinians will be majorly screwed.
My Awards
My Items