Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dad builds entire Potterverse in his lounge
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/uk...l-17223956

A dad-of-four has amazed wizarding fans by making this amazing tiny version of the entire Harry Potter world -- in his living room.

Tony Rigby, 47, said it all started when he spotted a character in his Christmas village arrangement looked just like giant Hagrid.

He used some clay to transform the figure - and before he knew it he'd totally recreated the giant's hut from cardboard boxes, quick dry clay and paint - in amazing detail.

Married business consultant Tony has been working on the project for more than a year and has so far made the Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade train station.

He also created Diagon Alley - the cobblestoned wizarding shopping alley - and Hogsmeade Village, complete with the student's favourite shops.

Spectacular stuff :O . It'd be impressive enough if he'd just built Hogwarts... but, even that isn't enough for him. He's also building the castle grounds; the Forbidden Forest; Diagon Alley; The Burrow; and other locations from the books and movies. There are quite a lot of pictures in the full article - and even more on his Instagram account.

Seems he's not finished yet either - so, I'll look forward to seeing the rest of his work!
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Megan
That's some impressive craftsmanship right there. Looks just like the original, and he probably didn't have enough of a budget to buy his own continent at his disposal which only adds to the wow factor.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
Wow, that does look amazing. He's super talented. Coolest dad ever!
[Image: H4kDJkp.jpg]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1 (2017) x1 (2016)
My Items
F-Chan
Very nice! I can imagine the rest is nicely made; I just couldn't bear to wait for the website to load for me! More news stories like this I'd like to see. On my area's local news - at least how the BBC site presents it - it always seems to be about murders and various other doom and gloom. Dx More Harry Potter makes, please!! :D
* O P F U I T *
My Awards
My Items
Begonia Rainlily Magnolia Scilla Forsythia Sundrop
[-] The following 1 user Likes Opal Fruit's post:
  • Dust Bowl