Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nottingham Forest gives food to homeless
(11-07-2019, 09:44 PM)Lurker101 Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 09:24 PM)Crooked Crow Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 09:08 PM)Kyng Wrote: That's a bit of a strange policy :-/ . Was there any reason for it?

(I mean, I could understand if they didn't want non-homeless people posing as homeless people to try and get free restaurant food - but, even then, those people aren't going to want it out of bins, so locking the bins seems a bit unnecessary. So I can only assume it was some kind of liability thing :-/ ?)

Because capitalism is a failed and broken system. They did it to ward off any potential stragglers that would hang around. Bad look for business.
There is part of that, part insurance from liability from 1) them getting sick form the food and 2) if the homeless hang around and since a lot of homeless people sadly have mental issues (that prevent them form having stable jobs and/or the ability to make rent/housing payments on time), causing injury or harassing others. It is not so much as a problem with capitalism as it is with human nature, as even communism has issues similar with this or worse (example the famines of the USSR, China, Khmer Rouge, et al).

On topic:
Did the people that deliver the food dress up as Robin Hood? :P

Okay, so they treat humans like filth due to lack of monetary funds. It sucked to watch. I've been homeless before and people do genuinely treat you like GARBAGE. I've had people turn off Wi-Fi in a pizza place that had free internet as long as it was open, because they figured I was homeless. (I wasn't, lol)
[Image: j6f64BS.png]

My Awards
x1 (2018)
My Items
Tranquility Galaxy Spooks Eremurus Antarctica Yhii Aesop Sorrow Lonely Archimedes Secret Whisper Dream Oddity Fortress Strange Stratosphere Purgatory Halloween Sadness