Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mexican singer José José dies aged 71
Mexico https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-49868924 Mexico

Popular Mexican singer José José, known as the "Prince of Song", has died at the age of 71.

The culture ministry confirmed his death on Saturday, describing him as one of Mexico's most-loved voices.

Known for his heartfelt ballads, José José's career spanned five decades, during which he received several Grammy nominations.

The crooner died at a hospital in South Florida following a battle with pancreatic cancer, media reports say.

The singer, songwriter and occasional actor, whose real name was José Rómulo Sosa Ortiz, rose to the top of the Latin charts in the 1970s with songs such as El Triste. He saw more commercial success in the 1980s, and the album Secrets, released in 1983, became his most popular.

R.I.P. José José :( . I hadn't actually heard of him until yesterday (when @ Gamer Nerd mentioned his passing in his diary thread), but it's clear that he was a very successful musician who won over plenty of fans over the course of his lengthy career.

My condolences to his friends and family.
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Gamer Nerd