Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Which forum does this go in?" thread
JHG: Screen and Stage should suffice :)
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Kyng
(05-05-2019, 05:59 PM)Dust Bowl Wrote: JHG: Screen and Stage should suffice :)
Yeah, I'd agree that that's where it should go :) .

(I mean, I suppose it could go in 'What If'?, but that section will be broken up shortly anyway, which would leave Screen and Stage as the only place where a topic like that would go :P )
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
(12-18-2018, 09:39 AM)JHG Wrote: And what about one about YouTube edutainment channels like Shadiversity, Metatron or Skallagrim?
Just as an addendum to this: I originally suggested putting Shadiversity into the Intellectual Curiosity Chamber; however, now that that forum no longer exists, I've moved that thread into History and Society.

Much of his channel is devoted to history, and even when he talks about fictional characters, he often discusses how they would have fared in the real world, so History and Society seems like the best place for it on the new layout.

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
I'm thinking about posting a review for the Life is Strange comic series, which so far has 5 issues out, with 3 more releasing soon. But the problem is that in order to fully air my grievences with the comic; I'd need to be able to refrence the video game the comic is based off of. So I was thinking of reviewing the comic in the game section some where. But, I figured some one might try to talk me into giving the reading section some love. But, problem with that is;  I can't review the comic effectively without also talking about the video game, since the game came first. So.. Where should this future review I'm thinking about starting for a comic based around a video game; go?
[Image: queenzelda.gif]

[Image: skylanders_trap_master_queenzelda_by_que...cjlsa2.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 (2017, 2018) x4
My Items
Rosey Oceanus Jadzia Julian Buddy Marcus
(05-30-2019, 12:46 AM)queenzelda Wrote: m thinking about posting a review for the Life is Strange comic series, which so far has 5 issues out, with 3 more releasing soon. But the problem is that in order to fully air my grievences with the comic; I'd need to be able to refrence the video game the comic is based off of. So I was thinking of reviewing the comic in the game section some where. But, I figured some one might try to talk me into giving the reading section some love. But, problem with that is;  I can't review the comic effectively without also talking about the video game, since the game came first. So.. Where should this future review I'm thinking about starting for a comic based around a video game; go?

It's a comic-book review first and foremost, put it in the reading section.

The fact that it is video game-based doesn't mean that it has anything to do with the actual game or provides any sort of gameplay. So the reading section would be its most natural home IMO.

My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Kyng
You say that yet the game is refrenced in the comic a LOT. But, what ever.
[Image: queenzelda.gif]

[Image: skylanders_trap_master_queenzelda_by_que...cjlsa2.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 (2017, 2018) x4
My Items
Rosey Oceanus Jadzia Julian Buddy Marcus
I agree with JJ here. Fundamentally, it's still a review of a comic, rather than a review of a game, and comic stuff belongs in 'Reading'. Sure, it makes sense to talk about the game as part of that review, but you'll also be talking about aspects of the comic itself, like the text and the art. (Or, if you don't intend to talk about those, and you only intend to talk about the gameplay - well, at that point, you'd be better off just reviewing the game and referencing the comic as part of that review :P )

I'll put it this way: in order to review any 'serious' or 'hard' sci-fi, you're probably going to have to talk about science; however, that doesn't mean the review belongs in Science and Nature :P .

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
Hey, man... I'm trying to decide about the best forum to put my topic about military service as a way for society to function.

Which one would it be? The one with "society" in it? :P

My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
I guess that would be the best place for the time being. If not there, then it'd go in Current Events and Politics (on the basis that military service is a political issue).

(Though, I'll probably change 'History and Society' to something else as part of my next round of layout simplifications. So, don't be surprised if it soon gets moved to Current Events and Politics anyway!)

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Dust Bowl
Thanks, CJ!

My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items