Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Which forum does this go in?" thread
It's been eight years since The Coffee House opened. Over the course of those years, I've tweaked and adjusted the board layout countless times - and, I still don't think I've got it quite right :lol: . There are still quite a lot of situations where it's not clear where a particular topic should go. I generally say "if in doubt, post it in General Chat" - but, that doesn't always seem satisfactory.

Hence, I've started up this thread. If you'd like to start a topic, but you can't decide where it should go, then this is the place to ask. Or, if you had a hard time deciding, but were able to come to a decision in the end, then this is the place to explain your decision. Or, if you think a topic's been moved incorrectly, then here's where to argue that it was better off in its original location. 

Here's a past example from the old board, to illustrate: 

Quote:"Dutch MPs recognise Armenian Genocide". Does this go in Current Events and Politics, because the recognition is a current political event? Or does it go in History and Culture, because the Armenian Genocide is an event from history? In the end, I decided that Current Events and Politics was the best place, because Turkey's non-recognition of the Armenian Genocide is still very relevant to present-day international politics. 

Hopefully, by doing this, we can establish some precedents - and even make improvements to the board layout :D .
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Ddmkm122
I just put my "Scale of the Universe" topic in the Intellectual Curiosity Chamber; however, the astronomical-sounding name of the thing would suggest Earth and Space. 

While there is indeed plenty of astronomy in that thing, it also covers a variety of other fields (such as geography, biology, and particle physics), so I decided it was better off in the Intellectual Curiosity Chamber, with all of the other "general science" stuff.
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
My Items
  • Ddmkm122
Was thinking about asking the questions "Have you ever owned a forum". Would that go in General Chat or Personal Stuff?
[Image: CCcP1lA.png]

Quote:
CJ: Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them. So there's that.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2012) x1 (2016) x1 (2017) x1 x1 x6 x6 x3 x1 x3 x4
My Items
Cashew Petal Tictac Moxie
Honestly, "The Internet" would probably be the best place :P .

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

My Awards
My Items
  • Pyrite
I had put my musical showcasing in the general forums rather than the sub-forum, because they belong to neither sub ones.
My Awards
x1
My Items
Yes, I think that's correct :) .

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
Okay, to start off one topic I want to start with is talking about my Animal Crossing New Leaf town, I was thinking about starting it in the writing section of the forum cause I've been playing this game since it came out & wanted to cover a lot of what my thoughts are on the game, what I've been up to & why I'm still playing when everyone's moved on to the horrible mobile cash in Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. But.. I want to talk about it to, my likes, & my dislikes. So maybe a general topic in the story section called, "My Animal Crossing Stories" instead of it being in the Nintendo section? Idk, it why I'm asking.
[Image: queenzelda.gif]

[Image: skylanders_trap_master_queenzelda_by_que...cjlsa2.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 (2017, 2018) x4 x1
My Items
Rosey Oceanus Jadzia Julian Buddy Marcus
Personally, I think the Nintendo section would be the best place for it. Any discussions it sparks will be about the games, as opposed to your personal life or writing skills.

(That's quite a useful test for resolving these. If a topic appears to fit into multiple forums, I'll think to myself, "What will the replies be about?")

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
I have two new thread ideas I'd like to make here but before I do, I just want to make sure what's the more appropriate place for them each. First up is about IKEA products and second, the works of "Phoenix Games" in where each of their "games" are poor copies of classic children's favourites (one top example is "Snow White and the Seven Clever Boys") but what's really more notable about them are their mini movies featured in them, by German animation company Dingo Pictures. One of them is where that particular meme came from, that never gets old.

Help me out plz.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
The Phoenix stuff I think fits as General Gaming since they're PS2 games in Europe. Granted, they're just terrible mini-games to accompany a poorly animated and voice acted cartoon short but still technically a game.

(Wow Peter! You really exist! Yee!)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThA1gowquN5v4r388-VQv...5iS5WvSi9s]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gaomon274's post:
  • .bryn