Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Mongols ruled Europe
Yep - it's just a question of whether they can hold on now. My guess is that they will, and Christianity will spread further across Anatolia, while modern-day Lithuania/Belarus/Ukraine will eventually become almost entirely Muslim. That's all in the future, though :P

Next up, I kinda want to design flags of the Pongos, Great Tartars and Eastern Turks, but I'm not really sure what to do :( .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
Does this help: [Image: 1280px-Flag_of_the_Mongol_Empire_2.svg.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1 (2016) x1
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes JHG 's post:
  • Kyng
It is a pretty awesome flag :D .

I already have some ideas for the Pongos, but I was struggling with the Great Tartars, so I'll be sure to include something based on that in their design :) !

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

My Awards
My Items
Okay, I finally got back to this, and made some flags :P

As explained in a previous post, the Pongos aren't as well-assimilated as Poland at this stage. However, they are fully-Christianised, and this is reflected in their flag. The top-right and lower-left quadrants are crosses which simply represent Christianity, while the top-left and bottom-right are the stripes of the Árpád Dynasty (whose main line had died out even before the Mongols conquered Hungary, but their descendants still held considerable influence, and some of them inter-married with the Mongols in this timeline). The bottom-right stripes have been inverted so that the white is at the top; there's no reason for this, other than aesthetics :P

[Image: 2wEuBqv.png]

The Great Tartars use a version of the flag @ JHG  posted, with an added green stripe. The reason for the additional stripe has been lost to history, but some believe it symbolises Islam, while others claim it represents the new, fertile land: 

[Image: fXQErAX.png]

The Eastern Turks use a similar design to the Timurids, but I couldn't outright copy their flag, because they still exist in this timeline (on the Eastern Turks' southeastern border). So, I modified their design to use the colours of the proposed flag of East Turkestan:

[Image: j8ms6wk.png]

My Awards
My Items