Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emmys 'In Memoriam' shows living composer
https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/tv/e...n-n1058136

LOS ANGELES - Any "In Memoriam" segment on an awards show results in immediate viewer furor over which recently deceased figures got left out. In the case of Sunday's Emmy Awards, it was more about who got included: the very much still-with-us conductor and composer Leonard Slatkin — or at least his photographic representation, as he was misidentified as Andre Previn, who is, in fact, dead.

Slatkin was less concerned with anyone thinking he might have passed on, too, than he was about disrespect for his friend Previn.

Tweeted Slatkin, "I saw that @theemmys posted a photo of me 'In Memoriam' rather than the intended Andre Previn. Andre deserved better. I had the opportunity to introduce him when he received the @KCHonors."

Wow, that's embarrassing -_- .

It seems that Slatkin has taken it pretty well - although, I hope a real 'In Memoriam' segment for him isn't going to be required for a long time yet!
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
Lol.

Too soon, boys.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk