Poll: What do you call this button?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The X button
0%
0 0%
The Cross button
20.00%
1 20.00%
I use both terms interchangeably
40.00%
2 40.00%
Something else
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playstation controversy over controller button name
PlayStation has recently poked the fan hive-mind by telling everyone that the buttons on it's famous controller are:

SQUARE 
TRIANGLE
CIRCLE 
& CROSS

Instead of calling the 'cross' an "X" as most Sony fans & gamer's tend to.

[Image: queenzelda.gif]

[Image: skylanders_trap_master_queenzelda_by_que...cjlsa2.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 (2017, 2018) x4 x1
My Items
Rosey Oceanus Jadzia Julian Buddy Marcus
No option for 'times' :( ?

(In fairness, even I don't call it that :lol: )
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
But it's always been cross.

I've had my fair share of PS1 Game Manuals calling the X button CROSS as opposed to just X.

I swear, people can get outraged by anything these days, it's sad.
[Image: 01AA4h.gif]
The Diamond Dust Girl
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Azriel Delacroix's post:
  • Jarkko
I call it the "blue button" xD
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
Uh, Sure most people call it an "X" (the letter) but the "Cross" is used in (at lease) North America and the majority of Europe for road signs to denote a railway crossing, it makes sense for it to also be called a "cross"

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
(09-08-2019, 05:46 PM)Azriel Delacroix Wrote: I swear, people can get outraged by anything these days, it's sad.

That’s a 15th century trait; This is the present so embrace it!
But it doesn’t matter. I never even owned a Play Station of any kind.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1 (2016) x1
My Items
(09-08-2019, 05:46 PM)Azriel Delacroix Wrote: I swear, people can get outraged by anything these days, it's sad.
Well, at least this is a pretty 'safe' thing to get outraged about: nobody's livelihood depends on whether it's called 'X' or 'Cross' :P .

(09-08-2019, 06:12 PM)Lurker101 Wrote: Uh, Sure most people call it an "X" (the letter) but the "Cross" is used in (at lease) North America and the majority of Europe for road signs to denote a railway crossing, it makes sense for it to also be called a "cross"
Reminds me of how we sometimes use "King's X" as an abbreviation for King's Cross Station :P .

But, going back to the topic... I can only assume that most people use 'X' instead of 'Cross', because there's a 'X' button on Nintendo and Xbox controllers (along with 'A', 'B' or 'Y'). I know the cross on a PlayStation controller doesn't correspond to the 'X' button on either of these controllers - but, still :P .

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

My Awards
My Items
I never had a PlayStation, but honestly this seems like a really silly thing to get upset about.  All right, the official name is cross, but if you want to call it X, call it X.
well this is very random

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chipster of Redstone's post:
  • Dust Bowl
I've never known the button to be called anything but the cross button. Even marketing for the original PlayStation in the 90's referred to it as a cross button.
Universal Gaming — Let's explore video-games, together!
Want to affiliate with us? Click here!
My Awards
x1 x2
My Items
Well, I've added a poll to this thread, since I think it could really do with one.

So, if you've been wanting to vote, now's your chance :P

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items