Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistakes you made as a new player
Cross-posted from the old board:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_coff...70&t=10948

I'm sure we've all done this: we've bought a new game; decided we couldn't be bothered sitting through the tutorial; dived straight in....and played the game hilariously badly, in a manner which we would come to cringe at when we eventually became more seasoned veterans :lol: . Here's a place to share examples of the mistakes you made as a newbie, so that the rest of us can laugh with you!

I'll start with an example from Fallout: New Vegas. I wanted to explore the starting town as thoroughly as I could before moving on - and so, naturally, I found a lot of stuff lying around on the ground. Rather than just picking up the valuable/useful things, I would pick up everything I could find, in case I found a use for it later. I made a particular point of picking up the empty tin cans: I assumed I would be able to melt them down and craft them into awesome weapons at some point :P .

So, what are your funny mistakes that you made in games, when you were too new to know any better?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items