Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leukaemia patients declared cancer-free
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/healt...88556.html

A new treatment for an incurable form of leukaemia has been hailed by experts after it left patients without a trace of the disease.

The patients were treated with a faster acting version of CAR-T therapy, in which the body’s immune system is used against the malignant cells.

The trial at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London was carried out with the aim of reducing the side-effects of treatment for the patients, most of whom are children.

The treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) sees the patient’s own immune cells genetically modified and then used to target cancer.

During the trial, 14 patients with a previously incurable strain of ALL were given the therapy and 12 saw the disease cleared after three months. Five of those patients remain leukaemia free.

Great news :D . 5 out of 14 isn't perfect - but it's a heck of a lot better than 0 out of 14, which it would have been without this treatment.

Hopefully, it won't be long before this is rolled out as a standard treatment - and adapted to other cancers!
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Jarkko
As somr one qho had hodgkins **** cancer

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
Hope the statistics continue to improve and less people die from this deadly disease.
Come say hello at... [Image: 2912322to_Tky_BGL_zpsamo1tiat.png]
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Emerald 's post:
  • Shiny Star
(09-02-2019, 08:22 PM)Emerald Wrote: Hope the statistics continue to improve and less people die from this deadly disease.

This. Although the treatment isn’t perfect, like you said it’s definitely made a good impact. It’s still in progress and the fact that some of the children are saved is beautiful. They will be given a chance to live life that they wouldn’t have had a few years ago. Hopefully research will continue to flourish and raise the odds. Absolutely lovely.
[Image: 76561198120231752.png][Image: file.php?avatar=20987_1404052962.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2
My Items
Eruption Headache Zach