Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telltale Games being revived
https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/28/208358...ertainment

Telltale Games, which shut down last year, is being revived after its assets were purchased by a company called LCG Entertainment. The new company will sell some of Telltale’s back catalog and will work on new games based on a few Telltale-associated properties, as well as new licenses.

The new Telltale is headed up by Jamie Ottilie and Brian Waddle. Ottilie said that some workers from the original Telltale Games will be offered freelance roles, with full-time positions possible in the future.

Ottilie has spent much of his career in mobile games, most recently as founder and CEO of Galaxy Pest Control, which is best known for licensed games based on Duck Dynasty and Power Rangers. Waddle’s previous experience includes running sales and marketing for the Havok game engine. Neither worked at Telltale Games prior to its shuttering in 2018.

Good luck to them - although, I'm not sure what their prospects are, given that neither of these people worked at the original company. Does it mean they're less likely to repeat the old company's mistakes, or does it mean they lack company-specific experience which would have been helpful?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
Quote:Ottilie has spent much of his career in mobile games, most recently as founder and CEO of Galaxy Pest Control, which is best known for licensed games based on Duck Dynasty and Power Rangers

I see two things wrong with this:
1) Cancer riddle "micro" transactions mobile games
2) Telltale died partly because of their heavy use of license games, and yet that is his background .

The "Duck Dynasty" game that is referenced here isn't even the famously (bad) one that is talked about. The only two games in its library that might be known is a Q*bert game and a mobile version of Cabela’s Big Game Hunter

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
I found their Game of Thrones game pretty cool but it’s the only one I played.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1 (2016) x1
My Items