Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surgeons save hand severed by electric saw
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-49480865

A carpenter whose hand was left hanging by skin and bone after a horrific accident with an electric saw has had it successfully reattached by surgeons.

Anthony Lelliott, 46, almost completely severed his left hand in two places while cutting floorboards with the power tool.

It took surgeons at St George's Hospital in South London 17 hours to repair the damage.

They say it is one of the worst cases they have ever seen.

Consultant plastic surgeon Roger Adlard performed the initial 13-hour operation with his colleague Farida Ali.

Well, that was a remarkable piece of work by the surgeons :O .

Of course, it's never going to be possible for it to function as a completely normal hand - but, hopefully, he'll still be able to do many of the things he enjoyed doing.
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
Even if it doesn’t function properly, there’s still rehabilitation and there’s less staring at the streets. I remember I saw a video a while back with a boy that received a double hands transplant and with perseverance, he was actually able to do a few basic things with them. It’s amazing that this hand was able to be recovered and I wish him the best.
[Image: 76561198120231752.png]
[Image: file.php?avatar=20987_1404052962.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x3
My Items
Zach Eruption Headache Lee