Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minecraft Super Duper Graphics cancelled
Creeper https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/12/208024...c-canceled Creeper

Minecraft developer Mojang says it has ended development on the game’s Super Duper Graphics Pack, an effort to overhaul Minecraft’s graphics with slick new effects, calling the feature “too technically demanding to implement.”

Microsoft and Mojang announced Minecraft’s Super Duper Graphics Pack downloadable content at E3 2017. The optional add-on, which was originally planned for release in fall 2017, would have added “dynamic shadows, lighting that streams through fog, movement in leaves and grass, new textures for mobs and villagers, directional lighting, [and] edge highlighting.”

Mojang called the DLC “a whole new way to see the game,” but promised that it was entirely optional. “Minecraft’s original lovely look is going nowhere,” the developer said at the time.

Bit of a shame, really, because this could have looked lovely! Then again, the original graphics have a kind of charm to them, that may well have been lacking in this.

But, no doubt fans will put together something similar (if there aren't already a dozen such packs out there :lol: )
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
If I had to take a stab, they didn't want to have to downscale it to run on Switch, or if the mobile versions are still being supported.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThA1gowquN5v4r388-VQv...5iS5WvSi9s]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
(08-15-2019, 12:00 AM)Gaomon274 Wrote: If I had to take a stab, they didn't want to have to downscale it to run on Switch, or if the mobile versions are still being supported.

I do hope it's not that. It'd be nice to have something to make the Java Edition stand out, instead of having everything revolving around the console/mobile editions going forward!

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

My Awards
My Items
(08-15-2019, 06:02 PM)Kyng Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 12:00 AM)Gaomon274 Wrote: If I had to take a stab, they didn't want to have to downscale it to run on Switch, or if the mobile versions are still being supported.

I do hope it's not that. It'd be nice to have something to make the Java Edition stand out, instead of having everything revolving around the console/mobile editions going forward!

Mods and not being tied down by micro transaction BS.

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright
My Awards
x1 x1 x1
My Items
Ducking
i can just install player made 128x128 pixle block packs that look way better than that does so in the end it more than likely is to not put strain on the consoles and mobile. ESPECIALLY since they are planning to merge all of them so you can play with people who play on console from your pc.
My Awards
x1 (2014)
My Items
I expect it was cancelled because the intention is to have Minecraft unified across all devices, with the only distinction being Java vs. Bedrock. I'd have rather it been made as an option for those who have the hardware to run it, since it is only a visual thing and not impactful to gameplay. It's not a big loss for PC since shaders are already a thing, but for console this was really going to be the only option to get shaders.
Universal Gaming — Let's explore video-games, together!
Want to affiliate with us? Click here!
My Awards
x1 x2
My Items
Well, despite that announcement, it seems that Minecraft will be getting a graphical update, in the form of a ray tracing update:

Sadly, it'll only work for people with an Nvidia GeForce RTX graphics card, which I do not have :( .

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items