Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wizards, I am a Muggle. Ask me anything
Okay, this thread is a little bit different: it's sort of like an Ask Me thread, but we'll do it while role-playing as characters, and you ask me questions from the perspective of those characters :P .

Essentially, you'll all be playing as wizards (from the Harry Potter universe). You can either use one of J.K. Rowling's characters (specify which one), or you can invent your own character. I will be playing as a Muggle, and I will be taking questions from the wizards. I will answer the questions to the best of my ability; you're then free to ask follow-up questions, or I might ask some questions to you...

That's the basic idea - so, let's jump straight in :P . Everything below this line will be in-character:

Welcome to London, wizards and witches! I'd like to thank each and every one of you for making the journey :) .

I don't expect you will have met me before, so please allow me to introduce myself briefly. My name is Alexander Milne, and I work as the Minister for Transport in Her Majesty's Government. I am incapable of magic; that is, I am what you would call a 'Muggle' (or, those of you who came here from North America may instead know us by the name 'No-Maj').

It is my understanding that relations between our worlds have been rather fraught over the years - and, sadly, both worlds have discriminated against members of the other in the past. Thus, in the interests of building mutual ties of friendship, I have been appointed as an envoy to the Wizarding World, and agreed to host a series of meetings featuring representatives from both worlds. In this first session, my aim is simply to educate you about the Muggle way of life: about our technology (and how it enables us to carry out some of the functions for which wizards would use magic); about our society; and about the challenges presented by the absence of magic. Of course, I am aware that the Wizarding World also brings challenges of its own which are not present in the Muggle world - and, to this end, I may ask follow-up questions of my own after I have answered your own ones.

So, with the pre-amble out of the way, who would like to ask the first question?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items