Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that confused/misled you in games
I think it's fair to say that some games are more difficult than others. Sometimes, the difficulty is in their by design: the game's developers specifically intended the game or the level to be hard. However, on other occasions, I'll find a level difficult (or even impossible) for an entirely different reason: I've misunderstood the objectives, or the workings of other important game elements. This thread is for those occasions, where something in a game has confused you, or you've misunderstood the game in ways that have created extra difficulty.

One example was from RollerCoaster Tycoon. In another thread, @ Lurker101 brought up a volcano scenario, where the goal was to complete five unfinished coasters, each with an excitement rating of at least 6.00. I automatically assumed that the volcano was going to erupt at some point (thus killing all of the guests and trashing all of the roller coasters), and it'd be a race against time to complete the scenario before this happened. I'm not sure why I did: the only thing to suggest that this could happen (other than the presence of the volcano itself) was some in-game text that referred to a "dormant volcano", as opposed to an "extinct volcano", so I guess I figured that "if it's not extinct then it might erupt at some point". I suppose this misunderstanding didn't make things more difficult for me (if anything, I completed the game more quickly than I otherwise would have done), but it did keep me on the edge of my seat!

So, what are some of yours?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
I’m not sure.. probably recently trying to find all the toads in Sticker Star.
                                                    [Image: abQNItp.jpg]
My Awards
My Items
Arcanine