Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
Anyone playing this?

Been playing quite a bit since launch.

Game has finished it's first season and the second will begin later this week.
Unfortunately the second season will see the addition of microtransactions which has many including myself unhappy with the new season before its even begun.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThA1gowquN5v4r388-VQv...5iS5WvSi9s]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
This is an amazing game- I've heard nothing but positive reviews for it, and CTR holds a special place in my heart from the glorious PS1 days.
[Image: j6f64BS.png]

My Awards
x1 (2018)
My Items
Tranquility Galaxy Spooks Eremurus Antarctica Yhii Aesop Sorrow Lonely Archimedes Secret Whisper Dream Oddity Fortress Strange Stratosphere Purgatory Halloween Sadness
Never played any of this franchise, but it definitely looks like the sort of thing I would have enjoyed when I was younger.

If I had one of the consoles, I'd be sure to check it out.
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
Bought the game at launch, and it is a perfect recreation of the original CTR. The addition of microtransactions doesn't shock me at all, since it was obvious from day one with how the Pit Stop works that it was catered to the addition of them. However, it isn't going to affect the existing Wumpa Coin rates, and as long as it stays that way, then the game can just be played exactly as it was prior to the announcement even being made.
Universal Gaming — Let's explore video-games, together!
Want to affiliate with us? Click here!
My Awards
x1 x2
My Items
Barring the new cart bundle, the prices seem to be the same prepatch so I won't get too miffed.
Main issue for me is not being upfront about them and only mentioning them at the tail end of a blog post.

Hopefully that's as far as it goes and we can keep getting more grand Prix seasons as I've been enjoying the game a ton when I never really got into the originals.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
(08-03-2019, 08:49 AM)Gaomon274 Wrote: Hopefully that's as far as it goes and we can keep getting more grand Prix seasons as I've been enjoying the game a ton when I never really got into the originals.

Well Spyro is the GP following the current one, and then there's definitely going to be at least a few more because Brio, Nina, and Moe are being added in the future, and characters like Koala Kong are very likely to turn up too. There's definitely going to be a GP every month until the end of this year.

I am curious as to what will happen with GP content for PC players if and when CTR:NF goes to that platform. I guess they'll just do the same GP's on it but later, although that won't work well if there are new GP's still happening for the other platforms.
Universal Gaming — Let's explore video-games, together!
Want to affiliate with us? Click here!
My Awards
x1 x2
My Items
Given how slow they are to port over the Crash and Spyro remakes to PC/Switch (surprised CTR is on Switch tbh, but thankful), but the Japanese CTR may have the answer.
Japanese CTR launched after the first season had ended, but they got to start on season 2 in time with the others so they'd likely do the same for PC so everyone is together and not on split schedules.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
Microtransactions are live on PS4 judging by screenshots floating around.
Switch doesn't have them yet, tho Switch usually picks up updates later than PS4.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
Well, Beenox accidentally gave away the second season champion decal when they gave the first season's along with the championship cart.
Their solution was to add a new replacement and announce it with just days left in the season.
https://mobile.twitter.com/CrashBandicoo...3785234433

Unless there wasn't a way to do so, I don't get why they didn't revoke the second season decal when the goof first happened.
Them taking this long stuck them in a lose-lose situation. If they had done it to close the season you risk upsetting players who took the season easy thinking they had it won, but adding a new one with no warning isn't exactly great either for the same reason.
Like I'm not against a new decal and it in my opinion is the better route, but not a fan of the timing.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
Activision put out a new blog post for a few quick changes and clarifications, which I liked.

They've adjusted the item distribution online again and as a trial they've added the Super Engine item from battle mode to online races for the weekend.

The championship decal situation was also updated. If you got a glitched decal you keep it. If you finish in the top 5 you get the new one, and if you missed the original decal you get it too.
With the knowledge that it isn't replacing anything and is just a payout for those that accidentally got the original one, will thumbs up Beenox on this one. Only negative point is not announcing it sooner but otherwise good move.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry