Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Watch bug allowed eavesdropping on iPhone
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48950933

Apple has disabled the Walkie-Talkie app on the Apple Watch, because of a flaw that let users eavesdrop on other people's iPhones.

The Walkie-Talkie app let two people who had accepted an invitation send and receive short audio messages.

But Apple said it had been "made aware" of a flaw that "could allow somebody to listen through another customer's iPhone without consent".

It has disabled the feature and apologised for the inconvenience.

However, Apple said it was not aware of the Walkie-Talkie bug being exploited by anybody in the real world.

Well, I certainly hope nobody exploited this before it was found -_- .

Still, I guess this is the danger of having everything online and inter-connected. The more devices are connected to the web (or to each other), the greater the risk of this happening...
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
(07-14-2019, 01:46 AM)Kyng Wrote: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48950933

Apple has disabled the Walkie-Talkie app on the Apple Watch, because of a flaw that let users eavesdrop on other people's iPhones.

The Walkie-Talkie app let two people who had accepted an invitation send and receive short audio messages.

But Apple said it had been "made aware" of a flaw that "could allow somebody to listen through another customer's iPhone without consent".

It has disabled the feature and apologised for the inconvenience.

However, Apple said it was not aware of the Walkie-Talkie bug being exploited by anybody in the real world.

Well, I certainly hope nobody exploited this before it was found -_- .

Still, I guess this is the danger of having everything online and inter-connected. The more devices are connected to the web (or to each other), the greater the risk of this happening...

NSA, CIA, China, Russia I am so sure didn't use the exploit. :r

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright
My Awards
x1 x1
My Items
Ducking
I was going to say im prettttttyyyyy sure this was an intended ease dropping feature for governments to try and listen in and apple found out about it and want to close it down. that is about the only thing apple is good with and thats trying to keep gov from getting your info/ease dropping like that. though its kinda hard in the US when they record and store everything cuz patriot act nonsense. 

Still i want to know who came up with this and didnt think about how it could be exploited in such a manner?
My Awards
x1 (2014)
My Items