Poll: Do you buy digital or physical games?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
All or mostly digital
36.36%
4 36.36%
All or mostly physical
18.18%
2 18.18%
About the same of each
36.36%
4 36.36%
I don't buy games at all
9.09%
1 9.09%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital or physical?
Cross-posted from the old board:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_coff...=70&t=3292

Traditionally, video games have been bought and sold in the form of physical copies (such as CDs and cartridges). However, in recent years, digital platforms (such as Steam and Origin) have risen and become a popular alternative. Do you use these, or do you tend to buy physical media?

These days, all of my purchases are digital. The last time I got a physical game was actually in 2011, when I got Total War: Shogun 2 on CD. I can't see this changing any time soon either - not least because my new laptop doesn't even have a CD drive :lol: !

What about you?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
I kinda do a mixture. If I see it in the store may just buy it there. If I’m impatient download. Though certain games like say Zelda I’d buy physically.
[Image: H4kDJkp.jpg]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1 (2017) x1 (2016)
My Items
F-Chan
Small games or free games then digital. Any first party games that i really care about then physical. I always prefer physical games, i like having collections.
                                                Just a Wobo
My Awards
My Items
Arcanine
Digital, since the game cartridge can't be lost.
[Image: 320?cb=20190411152959]
My activity will be sparse, so if you need me, I’ll be on my discord or on Pokémon Reborn.

[Image: 610565122489974948.png?v=1]
Ask. | Art and writing. | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
Physical games for me.
Not a fan of digital titles.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThA1gowquN5v4r388-VQv...5iS5WvSi9s]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
Nearly all my video games are physical.
My Awards
My Items
I prefer to get physical copies, but with the onset of Steam, more and more games can't be bought that way. As a result, my collection is rather a mix.

I suppose the advantage of something like Steam is you don't have to haul around the physical copy, or worry about your disk drive corrupting. But on the other hand, it's a bit risky having all your games on an internet cloud service. Hey ho.
[Image: CCcP1lA.png]

Quote:
CJ: Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them. So there's that.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2012) x1 (2016) x1 (2017) x1 x1 x6 x6 x3 x1 x3 x4
My Items
Cashew Petal Tictac Moxie
Mostly digital, I'd rather have physical, but PC gaming isn't like that any more sadly.

Heck some times you can't even get a collector's edition on PC any more. A recent example is Borderlands 3, the collectors edition comes with some physical goods but is Xbox and PS4 only.

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
It used to be just physical when I was still little. Now I buy digitally through steam and the nintendo eshop.
I am someone and something
Hong Kong California United States
YouTube: GiraKeng | Discord: GiraKeng#6289
[Image: badge?user=girakeng]
My Awards
My Items
If the game comes packed with goodies (such as a really good map folded inside the CD case) then I'd always prefer to buy the physical copy, but if it is something that offers no real advantage over owning this way, then I'd buy the digital copy.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk