Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitch bans users for streaming while driving
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48967125

Many people see Twitch as the go-to place to show off their gaming talents.

The practice of live streaming, or broadcasting your play session in real time, is what the website is known for.

Beyond gaming, the site is also home to another kind of streamer, with its "Just Chatting" category filled with personalities sitting at their computers and talking about their day.

But some have taken this further, often filming their entire day while out and about in the real world, with some streamers keeping their camera on even in unacceptable situations.

Twitch has come down hard on these people, dolling out bans for those who continue to film even while driving a car.

Wow... there's really no excuse for this -_- .

I'm glad these streamers have been banned. What the heck made them think this was a good idea :-/ ?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
(07-12-2019, 03:25 PM)Kyng Wrote: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48967125

The practice of live streaming, or broadcasting your play session in real time, is what the website is known for.

Beyond gaming, the site is also home to another kind of streamer, with its "Just Chatting" category filled with personalities sitting at their computers and talking about their day.

But some have taken this further, often filming their entire day while out and about in the real world, with some streamers keeping their camera on even in unacceptable situations.

Twitch has come down hard on these people, dolling out bans for those who continue to film even while driving a car.

I'm glad these streamers have been banned. What the heck made them think this was a good idea :-/ ?
The people who record while driving (Although its YouTube and not on twitch, if the video faces them and they are talking they keep their eyes on the road. Which makes it no diferent then talking to some one else in the car (if the other person wasn't watching the road too), or its a dash cam set up as they are showing off the weather (storm chaser) or the location for one reason or another.

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lurker101 's post:
  • Detective Osprey
There goes the idea of storm chasing. 
[Image: 400?cb=20190621170454]
“I am a misanthrope, yet utterly benevolent.” — Alfred Noble
Obsessedwithbirds [Image: 60?cb=20190708144734][Image: 50?cb=20190710053751]
Ask. | Art and writing. (updated 7/15) | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
[-] The following 1 user Likes Detective Osprey's post:
  • Wobo
(07-12-2019, 03:38 PM)Detective Osprey Wrote:
There goes the idea of storm chasing. 

I don't know any chasers that uses twitch, but Youtube is a big one.

also there have been a lot of "cowboy" storm chasers lately who do stupid crap (such as run stop signs/red lights) if that gets these non serious and risk taking chasers out, that would be good. The established community hates them.

It happened when Twister came out, then died out, then when Reed Timmer got famous because of Discovery Channel it started back up.

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lurker101 's post:
  • Detective Osprey
Only (kinda) good thing Twitch has done recently.
Yo
My Awards
My Items
So, they did something sensible... *deploying awards*.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly
(07-12-2019, 03:30 PM)Lurker101 Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 03:25 PM)Kyng Wrote: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48967125

The people who record while driving (Although its YouTube and not on twitch, if the video faces them and they are talking they keep their eyes on the road. Which makes it no diferent then talking to some one else in the car (if the other person wasn't watching the road too), or its a dash cam set up as they are showing off the weather (storm chaser) or the location for one reason or another.
Fair point. I have to admit, I saw "Twitch streamers" and "dangerous driving", and got the impression that they were playing games whilst driving -_- .

If anyone's doing that, then, yeah, they need to be banned - but, if they're just talking and aren't touching the phone at all, then yeah, banning them from the site for that is probably too harsh. (I would hope that they aren't banning people simply for doing that, and only banning people when their streaming clearly is affecting their driving, but obviously I don't know)

(Anyway, I guess I'll move this now, since the streamers in question apparently aren't even gamers, in which case this has nothing to do with gaming :P )

(07-12-2019, 03:49 PM)Wobo Wrote: Only (kinda) good thing Twitter has done recently. All they do is censor stuff.
Different website: this is Twitch, not Twitter :P .

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
(07-12-2019, 03:59 PM)Kyng Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 03:30 PM)Lurker101 Wrote:

Fair point. I have to admit, I saw "Twitch streamers" and "dangerous driving", and got the impression that they were playing games whilst driving -_- .

If anyone's doing that, then, yeah, they need to be banned - but, if they're just talking and aren't touching the phone at all, then yeah, banning them from the site for that is probably too harsh. (I would hope that they aren't banning people simply for doing that, and only banning people when their streaming clearly is affecting their driving, but obviously I don't know)
(07-12-2019, 03:49 PM)Wobo Wrote: Only (kinda) good thing Twitter has done recently. All they do is censor stuff.
Different website: this is Twitch, not Twitter :P .
Damn, I feel like an idiot now  :headbrick:. I do have habits misreading things -_-
Yo
My Awards
My Items
(07-12-2019, 04:02 PM)Wobo Wrote: Damn, I feel like an idiot now  :headbrick:. I do have habits misreading things -_-

Oh, don't worry: you're not the only one. I have an entire thread for my misreadings, after all :lol: !

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 2 users Like Kyng's post:
  • Detective Osprey, Wobo
(07-12-2019, 04:03 PM)Kyng Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 04:02 PM)Wobo Wrote: Damn, I feel like an idiot now  :headbrick:. I do have habits misreading things -_-

Oh, don't worry: you're not the only one. I have an entire thread for my misreadings, after all :lol: !
Lol. Maybe i can put my experiences in that thread.
Yo
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wobo's post:
  • Kyng