Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicki Minaj performing in Saudi Arabia
Saudi-arabia https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-48861071 Saudi-arabia

Nicki Minaj has been announced as a headline act for a music festival in Saudi Arabia, prompting confusion on social media over how her typically revealing outfits and explicit lyrics would go over in the ultra-conservative kingdom.

The rapper will perform at the Jeddah World Fest on 18 July.

The concert is the latest example of the kingdom loosening restrictions on entertainment and encouraging the growth of the arts sector.

"Nicki Minaj" trended on Twitter on Wednesday as people reacted to the announcement.

"Imagine waking up from a three year coma and the first thing you hear is Nicki Minaj [is] opening a musical festival in Saudi Arabia, I'd honestly think I woke up in some parallel universe," one person wrote.

Okay, can one of you guys please confirm that I read this headline correctly? Because it doesn't sound right to me at all :huh: ...

I mean, why would Nicki Minaj want to perform in Saudi Arabia? And why would the Saudis want Nicki Minaj performing within their borders :-/ ???
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
Oml that's the weirdest damned thing I've seen. o.O
[Image: 400?cb=20190621170454]
“I am a misanthrope, yet utterly benevolent.” — Alfred Noble
Obsessedwithbirds [Image: 60?cb=20190708144734][Image: 50?cb=20190710053751]
Ask. | Art and writing. (updated 7/15) | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
That is very odd... women don't have any basic rights in Saudi Arabia... dunno why as a woman, you'd feel comfortable enough in the first place.
[Image: j6f64BS.png]

My Awards
x1 (2018)
My Items
Tranquility Galaxy Spooks Eremurus Antarctica Yhii Aesop Sorrow Lonely Archimedes Secret Whisper Dream Oddity Fortress Strange Stratosphere Purgatory Halloween Sadness
(07-04-2019, 05:16 PM)Crooked Crow Wrote: That is very odd... women don't have any basic rights in Saudi Arabia... dunno why as a woman, you'd feel comfortable enough in the first place.
Yeah, that's what I would have thought :-/ .

I mean, things have improved a bit for Saudi women in recent years (since they've been given the vote, and that ridiculous ban on driving has been scrapped) - but, the overall situation remains horrible. So, I don't understand why any women from Western countries would feel at all comfortable performing there :ermm: ...

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
And, she's cancelled it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-48930029

Hardly surprising, considering it was one of the most ridiculous announcements I've heard all year -_- !

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
(07-09-2019, 08:53 PM)Kyng Wrote: And, she's cancelled it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-48930029

Hardly surprising, considering it was one of the most ridiculous announcements I've heard all year -_- !
Probably because she was gonna be forced to wear a burqa.
Yo
My Awards
My Items