Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruined tropical island resort for sale
Australia https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48551970 Australia

In recent years, Dunk Island off Australia's Queensland coast has been the private holiday retreat of its owners.

Prior to 2011, the picturesque island that lies near the country's Great Barrier Reef, had a 160-room resort. But it was destroyed that year by a cyclone.

At the time tourism across the wider region was struggling. So instead of refurbishing the hotel, the owners pocketed the insurance payout and decided to enjoy Dunk for themselves.

Now it's on the market with an asking price of around $20m Australian dollars ($14m; £11m).

Tom Gibson, who is managing the sale at estate agency group JLL, says the lucky bidder will get the "old bones" of the resort, a Qantas-built airstrip, mains power, and a sewage treatment plant.

Sad to see the state of this place, especially since the owners chose to just keep the insurance money rather than repairing it :( .

Hopefully, the new owners will be able to restore this once-beautiful location to its former glory!
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
I want it.
[Image: 320?cb=20190411152959]
“If standing up against the climate and ecological breakdown and for humanity is against the rules then the rules must be broken.”
Greta Thunberg
[Image: 610565122489974948.png?v=1]
Ask. | Art and writing. | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta Broigheall
I like how the marketing pitch is that it is ruined.

Reminds me of a cellphone I saw for sale once (well, it was on sale for spares): "It fell from a nine-story building. It won't work. It's completely obliterated".

Yeah, sold like hot bread :P
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
(06-29-2019, 12:48 AM)Dust Bowl Wrote: Reminds me of a cellphone I saw for sale once (well, it was on sale for spares): "It fell from a nine-story building. It won't work. It's completely obliterated".
Wow, really :-/ ?

What if someone manages to repair the phone (or removes the memory/storage and finds that it's undamaged), and then has access to all the seller's data and contacts?!
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
It was an interesting auction to say the least.

I doubt it... only the battery seemed to be in one piece.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk