Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Francisco bans e-cigs
California https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48752929 California

San Francisco has become the first US city to ban sales of e-cigarettes until their health effects are clearer.

Officials on Tuesday voted to ban stores selling the vaporisers and made it illegal for online retailers to deliver to addresses in the city.

The Californian city is home to Juul Labs, the most popular e-cigarette producer in the US.

Juul said the move would drive smokers back to cigarettes and "create a thriving black market".

San Francisco's mayor, London Breed, has 10 days to sign off the legislation, but has indicated she will. The law would begin to be enforced seven months from that date, although there have been reports firms could mount a legal challenge.

Yeah, these kinds of bans often just lead to black markets (and the products on the black market are more dangerous, because they aren't regulated at all -_- )

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this ban leads to people switching to actual cigarettes...
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
California - Lets ban plastic bags they are bad for the enviroment!

Also California - Lets get people back to smoking cigarettes, something people routinely litter with, and leach lead, arsenic and other toxic chemicals in to the ground and water.

Also Also California - we can't trust people to make the "correct" (read what the state of CA wants people to do) choices for them selves.

Yes ecigs are not some "Oh look its better then cigarettes" but people have been able to ween them selves off nicotine (since you can control the amount) with them and seem to have success with it (and it helps with the "needing to do something with your hands" thing). Honestly just treat them like cigarettes...

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
Or just let people do whatever they want and don't badger them with your laws and regulations.

I would not be bothered if someone had an e-cigarette near me.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Remington
California has made some pretty wacky policy legislation lately.  Can't have a plastic straw, now you can't buy e-cigs.  I'm far less bothered by people puffing e-cigs than I am the real thing!  I regularly go and visit furry friends that vape, and I have no issues being around them.  The scent doesn't linger like an actual cigarette.  Put me around someone who smokes the real tobacco thing and I move away quickly!

If people want to shorten their own lifespans by sucking in god knows what chemicals, that's their choice.  While I will never do that myself, if that's what you want to do, do whatever as long as it doesn't kill anyone.
Coffee House's resident furry dog 90% of the time.  10% human.
My Awards
My Items