Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New stand-up plane seats labelled "torture chamber"
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/new...69221.html

A new “stand-up” plane seat had a mixed reception at this year’s Paris Air Show.

The latest iteration of the the Skyrider 3.0 seat, designed by Italian firm Avio Interiors, was on show at the event. It was officially unveiled at the Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg in April.

The new Skyrider “saddle” seat is more upright than a standard plane seat. Rather than sit down, passengers sort of "perch" on it with their legs draped down as if they were riding a horse.

The seat has a pitch – the space between one seat and the seat in front – of just 23 inches. Most traditional plane seat pitches in economy are around 30 inches. The 23 inch pitch is of “acceptable comfort for the passenger”, said Avio Interiors.

However, visitors to the Paris Air Show weren’t convinced. Andreas Spaeth, a Germany-based aviation journalist, said the seat was a “no go” for more than 10 minutes.

I love how the manufacturer claims that the goal is to "give passengers another option", and not to "cram more passengers in" (from the video). They say that with all the believability of a two-year-old kid with cookie crumbs and chocolate stains around his lips, who told his mum that he didn't just take a cookie from the cookie jar -_- .

I just hope this isn't implemented widely, to the point where it causes prices for actual seats to skyrocket...
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
"Give passengers another option" "Would you like to be hit by a 14 or 16 wheeler semi?"

Also I do not think those chairs torture devices would allow passengers to properly brace for a rough emergency landing.

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
Disgusting, I never wanna see this!!
[Image: 400?cb=20190621170454]
“I am a misanthrope, yet utterly benevolent.” — Alfred Noble
Obsessedwithbirds [Image: 60?cb=20190708144734][Image: 50?cb=20190710053751]
Ask. | Art and writing. (updated 7/15) | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
That looks really uncomfortable, not sure if this is a prank.
Yo
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wobo's post:
  • Detective Osprey
Right I heard about these. Why tho? So bad and uncomfortable. And the fact that these exist (even though they aren't on the market) disgusts me. xP

Just no.
what ya mean that i have to make a creative signature WutFace
Vive la France France
YouTube | Discord: GiraKeng#6289

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes GiraKeng's post:
  • Detective Osprey
I suspect that, if these do get used, they'll be on flights between cities in the developing world, where they'll want to keep ticket prices as low as possible, to make them affordable to the poorer people there. In order to compensate for the price cut, they'll want to have as many people on board as possible, which I guess would mean using these seats.

In the developed world, I would hope that consumer pressure would be strong enough to keep these things off the airlines here - but, I don't know :-/ ...

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
(06-22-2019, 01:51 PM)Kyng Wrote: I suspect that, if these do get used, they'll be on flights between cities in the developing world, where they'll want to keep ticket prices as low as possible, to make them affordable to the poorer people there. In order to compensate for the price cut, they'll want to have as many people on board as possible, which I guess would mean using these seats.

In the developed world, I would hope that consumer pressure would be strong enough to keep these things off the airlines here - but, I don't know :-/ ...

Don't fool your self, I have a strong feeling that western Air lines will gobble this up to fit more seats in, while developing nations will continue to just be lax on keeping their planes air worthy (assuming its not an international flight to a country with strict regulations).

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
More airplane torture! So food ain't enough anymore, eh? ;)
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Detective Osprey
Ha, not designed to cram more people in? Sure. Next they'll hire those guys from Tokyo train stations.

[Image: push7.jpg?w=1000]

Enjoy *strains* your flight *straiiins* in steerage *pants* *closes door* peasants!
My Awards
x1
My Items
(06-23-2019, 02:04 AM)MegaphoneStallone Wrote: Ha, not designed to cram more people in? Sure. Next they'll hire those guys from Tokyo train stations.

[Image: push7.jpg?w=1000]

Enjoy *strains* your flight *straiiins* in steerage *pants* *closes door* peasants!

Is it bad that I actually wouldn't put that past some airline companies :facepalm: ?

Seriously, they'll just advertise it as "giving passengers an extra option" for "ultra-low-cost air flight", with "no need to collect hold luggage from the carousel upon arrival"...

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items