Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KFC launches vegan 'chicken' burger
(06-15-2019, 11:40 AM)Kyng Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 02:04 AM)Lurker101 Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 01:59 AM)Dust Bowl Wrote: They are just running out of fish ;)

..... CHICKEN sandwich.... not Fish :whistle:
But perhaps we're bored of fish, and now that we're running out, we'd like to try something new :P ?

*cough*Chicken Tikka Masal*Cough* :r

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
Not been to a KFC for a while... maybe I can try one of these the next time I drop in.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
(06-15-2019, 12:43 PM)Lurker101 Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 11:40 AM)Kyng Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 02:04 AM)Lurker101 Wrote: ..... CHICKEN sandwich.... not Fish :whistle:
But perhaps we're bored of fish, and now that we're running out, we'd like to try something new :P ?

*cough*Chicken Tikka Masal*Cough* :r
Most overrated curry ever IMO, but I guess that's a matter for another thread :lol: .

(06-15-2019, 12:47 PM).bryn Wrote: Not been to a KFC for a while... maybe I can try one of these the next time I drop in.
Nor have I: it was honestly a case of "once and never again" for me. I doubt I'll try the vegan version, since I know I wouldn't have enjoyed the non-vegan version anyway. Though, I guess it's nice to know it exists, for if I ever end up being taken there :) .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
https://www.plantbasednews.org/post/kfc-...s-500-more
[Image: 400?cb=20190621170454]
“I am a misanthrope, yet utterly benevolent.” — Alfred Noble
Obsessedwithbirds [Image: 60?cb=20190708144734][Image: 50?cb=20190710053751]
Ask. | Art and writing. (updated 7/15) | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
Wow, that's a phenomenal start :O . Of course, the real test will be whether it still sells well once the hype dies down!

It's even more impressive when you consider that the enthusiasm among vegans has been kind of muted - as exemplified by this quote from the article:

Quote:"KFC murder millions of chickens every year. Just because they now have a vegan option, it doesn't make the chain suddenly cruelty-free. If you buy the vegan burger, you are still paying to hurt chickens," one social media user said.

I understand this attitude - but, I'm not sure that it's productive. At least KFC are trying to make vegan products: if too many vegans pour cold water over them for not making the whole chain cruelty-free, then that just discourages them from trying at all :-/ .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
(06-21-2019, 04:41 PM)Kyng Wrote: Wow, that's a phenomenal start :O . Of course, the real test will be whether it still sells well once the hype dies down!

It's even more impressive when you consider that the enthusiasm among vegans has been kind of muted - as exemplified by this quote from the article:

Quote:"KFC murder millions of chickens every year. Just because they now have a vegan option, it doesn't make the chain suddenly cruelty-free. If you buy the vegan burger, you are still paying to hurt chickens," one social media user said.

I understand this attitude - but, I'm not sure that it's productive. At least KFC are trying to make vegan products: if too many vegans pour cold water over them for not making the whole chain cruelty-free, then that just discourages them from trying at all :-/ .

If you want to go the route of that quote, you can't use grocery stores unless it was a vegan only store. If you want to go that route, the user should be reminded that even with a vegan diet you are killing animals via harvesting (harvesting equipment that runs over rats, mice, other small mammals, and you are removing a good source of food to these animals by harvesting). If you want to go that route, I sure as heck hope they don't use a car, or public transport since fuel is an animal byproduct, even if those animals existed millions of years ago. If you want to go that route I hope when they go to their vegan grocery store to buy Hand Picked™ fruits and veggies, that it was delivered via trucks or other fossil fuel driven modes of transportation.

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
Those are the holier-than-thou vegans which I hate.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
[-] The following 2 users Like Detective Osprey's post:
  • Kyng, Lurker101
https://vegnews.com/2019/6/vegan-kfc-bur...-four-days
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items