Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if Princess Diana was still alive?
On 31st August 1997, Princess Diana was tragically killed in a car crash where it had been the source of conspiracy theories, and worldwide grief. And we all should know that the driver (Henri Paul) was fuelled with drink and drugs before he was behind the wheel, and the blame for the crash shouldn't be on the press. Now, what if this woman, who had inspired many others especially for the hard work on her charitable side, was still alive in today's world?

Well, obviously she would've continued with that much further and perhaps end the famine in Africa quicker than what Band Aid tried to do years before and, on a more trivial aspect, she would've been grateful to meet William's and Harry's other halves (more so for the former I'd think).

Discuss and/or speculate, folks.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
Diana would have continued her charity work, definitely. She would have achieved much, much more there. She would have continued to inspire people. There may well have been a few more somewhat 'controversial' moments. She would have finally settled with someone in the 2000s. She'd still remain a favourite with many people, although probably on a quieter note than it had been - but she'd always have the... passionate individuals to worship her, flaws or not, just as they continue to in her death even now (trust me... I've met a few harmless people who are, nevertheless, a tad obsessed). She would be proud of her sons for their achievements and their marriages. (On that note, I must admit when William's marriage was in progress, I did think about how sad it was that he didn't have his mother there, and thinking about how young they were when they lost her, how awful it must have been for them, etc.)
* O P F U I T *
My Awards
My Items
Begonia Rainlily
[-] The following 2 users Like Opal Fruit's post:
  • .bryn , Kyng
I don't keep up particularly closely with the Royal Family (I'm pretty apathetic about them TBH), and I don't have any memories of Princess Diana from when she was alive (her death is one of the earliest big news stories that I can remember). So, there's not a lot I can say - but, I'll give it a go:

• She would still have had plenty of fans - although, without the tragedy of her death, I suspect she wouldn't have been glorified to the same extent. Furthermore, since she was a human being (just like the rest of us), she would have made mistakes, and likely done some things that didn't endear her to everybody.

• She would certainly have continued with her charitable work. It's unlikely that one person, even of her influence, could have made that much difference on a global level; however, she would hopefully have inspired others to do the same.

• Would she and Dodi Fayed have married? It's possible; however, they'd only been together for a month or so before the crash, so I see no particular reason to think that they would have done. If not him, then I suspect she would have re-married eventually, but to whom is anybody's guess.

• Certainly, it would've been nice for her to be present at the weddings of her sons. Also, I do wonder what she would have thought of them being active in the military - although, hopefully she would have been very proud of them.

Sorry I haven't really added much: like I said, I don't know the Royals particularly well (it's my mum who cares more about them!). Still, hopefully someone who knows more than me can continue with this :P .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
There's one other thing that I think should be mentioned here. It's a known fact that her untimely death gave forth to online news (with the BBC first doing it) and how important they were. If she was still alive, then the concept of online news would've been delayed a bit. Maybe they would've sprung up when 9/11 happened.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
(06-13-2019, 05:01 PM).bryn Wrote: There's one other thing that I think should be mentioned here. It's a known fact that her untimely death gave forth to online news (with the BBC first doing it) and how important they were. If she was still alive, then the concept of online news would've been delayed a bit. Maybe they would've sprung up when 9/11 happened.

Yeah, good point. By 1997, I think the technology for online news was there, and it was inevitable that it would spring up as soon as there was a major world event. I think the next really big story was Bill Clinton's affair and impeachment in 1998: if online news hadn't sprung up for Diana, then it probably would have been that.
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items