Poll: Winner?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Iroquois
100.00%
3 100.00%
Minuteman
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iroquois vs Minuteman
Minuteman
[Image: 7a94fff8621f365257aa95171271250a--americ...an-war.jpg]
Ready at a minute's notice, these militia of British America are the top of their game.
Iroquois warrior(Early Colonial era)
[Image: iroquois-warrior-with-tomahawk-granger.jpg]
The Iroquois confederacy dominated First American politics in the Northeast.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1 (2016) x1
My Items
I voted for the Iriquois.
[Image: 530-90_5a5abe88d1223.jpg]
A simple love
The saving kind
The clueless sadness tries to feast on sand
Please believe this, try to know
That we will save you then

Obsessedwithbirds 
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori
Difficult to cast a vote without knowing the conditions under which they're fighting. I'd say the Minuteman has more raw power in his gun than the Iroquois has in any of his weapons, and also looks better-protected; however, the Iroquois has a greater variety of weapons and is more versatile. 

If they're in an open field, I'd give it to the Minuteman. On rough terrain, though, I'd favour the Iroquois.
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
Very good points but keep in mind the Iroquois also used muskets.
My Awards
My Items
Okay, fair enough, but I was going by the one in the picture :P

Also, would the muskets have replaced the weapons depicted in the image, or would they have been in addition to those? If it's the former, then I'm guessing the Minuteman wins due to superior training and experience with the musket. If it's the latter, then I suspect the Iroquois warrior would win due to greater versatility (unless they were fighting in an open field, in which case the Minuteman would still win, because I suspect that only the musket would be useful in that situation).

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

My Awards
My Items
I think the Iroquois would’ve used both their pre-gunpowder and the most advanced technology. For many years, they got supplies from the British until Jeffrey Amherst stopped supplying Native Americans after the French and Indian Wars. And then the British probably resumed supplying the Iroquois during the American Revolutionary War. Plus, any Native American could just loot from dead British(both Redcoats and Continentals.)
My Awards
My Items
(01-11-2019, 08:01 AM)JHG Wrote: I think the Iroquois would’ve used both their pre-gunpowder and the most advanced technology. For many years, they got supplies from the British until Jeffrey Amherst stopped supplying Native Americans after the French and Indian Wars. And then the British probably resumed supplying the Iroquois during the American Revolutionary War. Plus, any Native American could just loot from dead British(both Redcoats and Continentals.)

Okay, in that case I guess the Iroquois gets my vote!

My Awards
My Items