Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't edit post fully
When I went to edit my Life is Strange comic review; I tried to edit the images I added; but the 'source' button isn't working when I go to try to edit it.

*EDIT: I mean I can; but I had to delete some content I had to get it to post ok.
[Image: queenzelda.gif]

[Image: skylanders_trap_master_queenzelda_by_que...cjlsa2.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 (2017, 2018) x4 x1
My Items
Rosey Oceanus Jadzia Julian Buddy Marcus
Strange :-/ . I've tried editing the post, and I can use Source mode without issue. 

What specific content needed to be removed?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
Well, when I had
Code:
[img=400x400][/img]
for one of the images; I missed a bracket & it looked like;
Code:
[img=400x400[/img]

So I went in to try to fix it, but when I tried to use source mode to fix it, nothing happened. So I had to remove the IMG bracket code & just add in links to the images instead.

My Awards
My Items
That's odd. However, I did run into the issue myself when I attempted to edit that post - so, it seems it isn't just you :P

Not sure why it would be doing that - so, I'll look into it further on my test board when I get a chance. 

(Loading the editor in Source Mode by default did seem fine, though - so, I just left the images in after editing them :P )

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • queenzelda
Good to know it wasn't just me running to the issue then. xp Thanks for the help. :3

My Awards
My Items
You're welcome :)

I did look into this a little further. I posted the following on my test board (two 400x400) images, with the first one missing a close bracket): 
Code:
[img=400x400https://testurl.com/test.png[/img]

[img=400x400]https://testurl.com/test.png[/img]

I then turned Source Mode off by default, turned on Chrome's Developer console, and edited the post. When I clicked the 'Source' button, the console came back with the following error message: 
Quote:Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'children' of undefined
    at CKEDITOR.htmlParser.text.remove (ckeditor.js?ver=0.9.4:268)
    at CKEDITOR.htmlParser.text.filter (ckeditor.js?ver=0.9.4:272)
    at window.CKEDITOR.window.CKEDITOR.dom.CKEDITOR.htmlParser.element.filterChildren (ckeditor.js?ver=0.9.4:282)
    at window.CKEDITOR.window.CKEDITOR.dom.CKEDITOR.htmlParser.element.filter (ckeditor.js?ver=0.9.4:312)
    at window.CKEDITOR.window.CKEDITOR.dom.CKEDITOR.htmlParser.element.filterChildren (ckeditor.js?ver=0.9.4:282)
    at a.<anonymous> (ckeditor.js?ver=0.9.4:301)
    at a.k (ckeditor.js?ver=0.9.4:11)
    at a.<anonymous> (ckeditor.js?ver=0.9.4:12)
    at a.window.CKEDITOR.window.CKEDITOR.dom.CKEDITOR.editor.CKEDITOR.editor.fire (ckeditor.js?ver=0.9.4:14)
    at CKEDITOR.htmlDataProcessor.toDataFormat (ckeditor.js?ver=0.9.4:303)

Looks like a bug in the editor. I'll just check to make sure the latest update (0.9.6) hasn't fixed this, but if it hasn't, then I'll head over to MyBB support to see whether I can get it fixed :) .

EDIT: Nope - updating to the latest version didn't resolve this. So, over to MyBB support.

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
  • Yami Yugi
Huh, it's interesting to see someone outside of @ Lurker101 or @ Gaomon274 coming across a bug on the board. xD
[Image: yamiyu10.png]

[Image: d7vij96-a63b17ec-74ef-44a5-bdfc-2e70814679ca.gif] [Image: orgxiii_roxas_stamp_by_xselfdestructive-d31xvow.gif] [Image: 9f6ed7ab86783c057973c1b2caa35f9a-d4927wj.png][Image: jam_those_tunes_by_northboundfox-d4dz2bk.png]
My Awards
x1 (2017)
My Items
[-] The following 4 users Like Yami Yugi 's post:
  • Detective Osprey, Gaomon274, Kyng, queenzelda
If you have too many images on your topic, the forum would refuse to let you publish them with the img tag.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
(05-30-2019, 11:15 PM)Dust Bowl Wrote: If you have too many images on your topic, the forum would refuse to let you publish them with the img tag.

That's true - although, I think the limit is about 50. Queen had only two, so she was nowhere near the limit :P .

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 2 users Like Kyng's post:
  • Detective Osprey, queenzelda
I got a response back from MyBB support - and it's not looking promising :( :

Quote:thanks for report....
this appear that bug related with Ckeditor ....
I can reproduce too at http://sdk.ckeditor.com/samples/bbcode.html

so this is core bug of ckeditor... I will try... but I can't promise anything about that....

Basically, it's not a bug in the editor we're using; instead, it's a bug in the core code from an older editor, which the current one is based on -_- . Hopefully, it'll be fixed, but I do have my doubts :( .

I suppose the only good news is, this is obviously an old bug which has sat there undiscovered for a long time - which would indicate that the issue Queen ran into is a pretty rare one. (And I guess Queen gets the satisfaction of having briefly known something that nobody else on the planet knew :lol: )

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
  • Gaomon274