Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$75 cup of coffee in San Francisco
Coffee https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local...06101.html California

Some may think paying $5 for a cup of coffee is a bit much. But how about paying $75 for a cup?

It's real, and it's at Klatch Coffee.

What is so special about the "world's most expensive coffee"? Aside from placing No. 1 in the Best of Panama coffee competition, it set a record price of $803 per pound, according to Klatch Coffee.

There were only 100 pounds of this coffee available for the world. And most of that went to Japan, China and Taiwan.

The limited quantity of this coffee is what explains the hefty price tag.

That is insane :O . It had better be truly wonderful to justify *that* price!

(Seems like I'll never experience it, though, since there's so little of it :( )
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
I wanna meet whoever buys it... so I can laugh at them for weeks-on-end.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly
[-] The following 2 users Like Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Detective Osprey, Remington
The coffee must be made from the blood and tears of hipsters or perhaps unicorns, for it to be that price.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
[-] The following 4 users Like .bryn's post:
  • Detective Osprey, Kyng, Mahkah, Remington
(05-28-2019, 07:59 PM).bryn Wrote: The coffee must be made from the blood and tears of hipsters or perhaps unicorns, for it to be that price.

Nah, I'm making my own coffee from the tears of hipsters who are crying that this $75 coffee is "too mainstream" :P .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 2 users Like Kyng's post:
  • .bryn, Detective Osprey
I inwardly smirk at those who buy Dunkin Donuts or some other coffee/breakfast every day of the week.  Why not just buy the coffee they put in the bags and make it yourself for a fraction of the cost???

Craziness!

$75 cup of coffee....do I get something with it?  A nice massage or something?
My Awards
My Items
(05-28-2019, 07:51 PM)Dust Bowl Wrote: I wanna meet whoever buys it... so I can laugh at them for weeks-on-end.

I dunno, I think you're not bad off if you can comfortably afford a $75 flipping cup of coffee...  Dog
[Image: j6f64BS.png]

My Awards
x1 (2018)
My Items
Tranquility Galaxy Spooks Eremurus Antarctica Yhii Aesop Sorrow Lonely Archimedes Secret Whisper Dream Oddity Fortress Strange Stratosphere Purgatory Halloween Sadness
I bet they do actually have more, but much like diamonds, artificially limit it and create extreme demand and drive prices to stupid levels and profit handsomely. someone conned a bunch of people and they laughed all the way to the bank.
My Awards
x1 (2014)
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrieferLord 's post:
  • Remington
(06-01-2019, 10:28 AM)GrieferLord Wrote: I bet they do actually have more, but much like diamonds, artificially limit it and create extreme demand and drive prices to stupid levels and profit handsomely. someone conned a bunch of people and they laughed all the way to the bank.

If you read the article, it states the majority of this coffee strain goes to Asian nations; so that would explain the artificial scarcity and thus inflation.
[Image: j6f64BS.png]

My Awards
x1 (2018)
My Items
Tranquility Galaxy Spooks Eremurus Antarctica Yhii Aesop Sorrow Lonely Archimedes Secret Whisper Dream Oddity Fortress Strange Stratosphere Purgatory Halloween Sadness
[-] The following 1 user Likes Crooked Crow 's post:
  • Remington
(06-01-2019, 04:25 PM)Crooked Crow Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 10:28 AM)GrieferLord Wrote: I bet they do actually have more, but much like diamonds, artificially limit it and create extreme demand and drive prices to stupid levels and profit handsomely. someone conned a bunch of people and they laughed all the way to the bank.

If you read the article, it states the majority of this coffee strain goes to Asian nations; so that would explain the artificial scarcity and thus inflation.

Assuming there is actual demand for the beans in Asia it is not really artificial scarcity (assuming they are not limiting the production of the beans to keep the price high). This was/is an issue with Whiskey in the past decade where Asian markets are starting to have such a large taste for Whiskey it is leaving the US (and EU?) dry.

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
(06-01-2019, 05:16 PM)Lurker101 Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 04:25 PM)Crooked Crow Wrote:

Assuming there is actual demand for the beans in Asia it is not really artificial scarcity (assuming they are not limiting the production of the beans to keep the price high). This was/is an issue with Whiskey in the past decade where Asian markets are starting to have such a large taste for Whiskey it is leaving the US (and EU?) dry. 
thats also due to whiskey producers having had X amount of said markets and the desire growing. what im trying to say with this specific bit of coffee is that i currently have a very difficult time believing there is so little of it. unless it was somehow grown from literally one tree only and that tree has since died i cant quite see how it could even cost such if we look at production yields. with such a massive profit it would benefit them to hold back and slowly distribute and "produce" more to feed at a set rate.

Also whiskey is generally more mass produced than this mentioned strain of coffee.
My Awards
x1 (2014)
My Items