Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Ragequit Stories
Sometimes, we'll do things in games (or, things will just happen to us in games) that cause us to throw down our controllers in disgust, delete our saved files, and refuse to go back to the game for several days afterwards. Here's a place to share your horror stories of of things that have caused you to ragequit from the games you've been playing over the years.

Here are a couple of my examples:

• On RollerCoaster Tycoon, I'd built up a fairly considerable park, but my guests were having trouble finding their way around. So, I decided to construct a monorail, with several stations dotted around the park at convenient points for guests to get on and off. This took me close to an hour to build (from memory, it was a fairly large park, and money was pretty tight). When I finished, I decided the next thing to do would be to build a pizza stand by one of the entrances. Unfortunately, I mis-clicked, and built the pizza stall in the middle of nowhere by mistake. So, I went to demolish it... but I hit the wrong button, and demolished my monorail instead. I was furious with myself for that - and there was no way I was coming back to that park afterwards -_- !

• On an old Beta version of Minecraft, I decided I wanted a little farm next to my house. So, I built a little animal pen, found a couple of pigs, and pushed them in. However, because this version didn't have any kind of breeding mechanics, they just despawned when I went out to do a bit of mining. Needless to say, I was pretty annoyed that I'd wasted so much time setting up that animal pen, so I just deleted the world -_- .

So, what tales of ragequitting do you have to share?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Shiny Star
When I was a kid, I was stuck on Xain in Legend of Legaia for the longest time. Whenever I would lose, I used to take my game out of the playstation and throw it on the ground. :V I also almost broke a controller playing Spyro 3 as a kid too. I used to slam the controller on the ground, and one of them cracked a tad bit on the side. I still get upset at games but I don't throw or attempt to break stuff anymore though.
[Image: UlpiYU4.png?1]
My Awards
My Items
I killed someone for fun on Strife (before really knowing what the game was like) on day one of my adventure... turns out he was needed much later, and now my game was ****ed seven hours in...
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
Couldn't beat the final boss of the SNES remake of SMB3 (under Super Mario Allstars), in where I took the game cart out and placed it in a box and wrote "Won't play this game again, because it's too hard". I was eleven at the time, so yeah.

A more recent one, when I was 14, I yanked out the game cart of Pokemon Ruby when I was about to lose in a trainer battle. I remember the screen being frozen and heard glitchy noises throughout.

These are the reasons why I don't play games anymore, since over thirteen years ago.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
SSBB's Subspace Emissary was so long I ended up giving up on it out of frustration. I've never finished it.
My Awards
x1 (2017)
My Items