Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
JJ's Litter Literature
This is something I started writing in the afternoon, basically because.

I still don't know if this is a one-off or the starting bit for something bigger, but I do hope you enjoy it!

Fallen Leaves
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • ObsessedwithBirds
I don't know if it's that I'm in theater mode, but I had to read that aloud (well, whispering). Something felt off about reading it in my head as the words deserved more than that. As usual, your description of the whole situation transports the reader along with the protagonist. The imagery is powerful, which may add to the need to vocalize it and it also serves an important purpose: reflecting the mood. To some extent, I might say that the environment seems created by the girl herself. The piece might not be in first person, but the reader feels like the girl.

On the more technical end: Your varying sentence structure supports the movement of the piece. For example, "By this point the world was silent, but that silence was often broken by the sounds of nature: a dog protested fiercely on the distance, thunder often appeared on the horizon and made her jump a little, and the omnipresent rain often fell loudly. It was time to go." The first sentence is meandering and continues the previous description of the surroundings, but the second switches the movement of the passage nicely. Although one of the clearest examples of your sentence variation, it is by no means the only one. There were some grammar mistakes here and there ("wanna" is not actually a word in case you didn't know :P), but for not being a native English speaker, your grammar is impeccable. Or... maybe it's because you're not a native English speaker.

So did you have any inspiration behind the piece or did you just sit down and write it?
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 3 users Like 321tumbler 's post:
  • Dust Bowl , ObsessedwithBirds, Rosie Willowwater
I didn't know about wanna... huh xD

I just sat down and wrote it, really :)

Many a thanks for the feedback!
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Yeah, it's actually a way of saying "want to". I know I use it a lot and so do plenty of people so I'm sure that didn't help. XD

Cool. :)

No problem!
My Awards
My Items
I love this! Pretty cool!
[Image: latest?cb=20190514052512]
[Image: latest?cb=20190421043025][Image: 33?cb=20190413021943][Image: 45?cb=20190415085438]
Warui zo zurui zo akuyaku ihhihhi no hī
Obsessedwithbirds 
Ask. | Art. (updated 5/22) | Fanfics. (updated 5/16) | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir
[-] The following 1 user Likes ObsessedwithBirds's post:
  • Dust Bowl
Chapter II!

Spoiler
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • ObsessedwithBirds