Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
700,000 sign Game of Thrones remake petition
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio...n-8-remake

To say the reception to the final season of Game of Thrones has been a mixed bag would be an understatement. Spend any time on social media on Sunday nights or Monday mornings, and the onslaught of complaints about the direction the beloved HBO series has taken of late are unavoidable. A new petition has taken that backlash to another level. It calls for a do-over of the entire season.

“Remake Game of Thrones season eight with competent writers” demands a petition posted to Change.org, following this past weekend’s episode, The Bells, one of the series’ most polarizing episodes to date. The petition has since been signed by more than 700,000 disgruntled fans.

“David Benioff and DB Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (ie the books) to fall back on,” the petition reads. “This series deserves a final season that makes sense. Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!”

I don't watch the show; however, after it's received such critical acclaim from the beginning, it is kind of sad to see it flaming out like this.

There is still one episode left for this series to redeem itself; however, for many fans, I suspect the damage will already have been done :( .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Shiny Star
Careful of what you wish for; you could get a confirmation of my fan theory Disney’s Bolt, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Little Witch Academia, and Game of Thrones are in the same universe or Bella Ramsey singing ‘I thought I lost you.’
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1 (2016) x1
My Items
(05-17-2019, 08:39 PM)JHG Wrote: Careful of what you wish for; you could get a confirmation of my fan theory Disney’s Bolt, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Little Witch Academia, and Game of Thrones are in the same universe or Bella Ramsey singing ‘I thought I lost you.’

I'll be honest: I'd pay good money to see how social media would respond if that turned out to be true :lol: !

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

My Awards
My Items
Well, clearly they're not going to remake the last series... so hard cheese all those who signed! :P

It has felt rushed in parts, but to me it's not been all that bad! I just wait and hope for the final books to come out and that's where we'll get the 'true' finale.
My Awards
My Items
Competent writers? Screw all of youuuu! Do these people even know how hard it is to write a script? UGH.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly
I've never watched the show, but this sounds exactly what happened with BBC's Sherlock series. The last season, especially the last episode just felt rushed and out of place so bad to the point where my girl and I haven't even bothered to rewatch it. She loved the series up until that point, and now she doesn't care for it as much anymore. Though I didn't see a petition for the show, and I'd doubt it would get that many signatures. Petitions typically don't work, but I wonder if this one will be different...
[Image: UlpiYU4.png?1]
My Awards
My Items
(05-18-2019, 01:35 AM)Ravenfreak Wrote: I've never watched the show, but this sounds exactly what happened with BBC's Sherlock series. The last season, especially the last episode just felt rushed and out of place so bad to the point where my girl and I haven't even bothered to rewatch it. She loved the series up until that point, and now she doesn't care for it as much anymore. Though I didn't see a petition for the show, and I'd doubt it would get that many signatures. Petitions typically don't work, but I wonder if this one will be different...

I highly doubt it - although, if it did, I suspect it would just balkanize the fanbase even more.

Chances are, you'd get one group that likes both endings; one group that only likes the original and considers it to be the 'true' ending; one group that only likes the new ending; and one group that doesn't like either and is demanding a third one!

(All a little premature, though, since the final episode may still turn out to be terrific - unless it ends with the characters all going to Starbucks or something :lol: )

My Awards
My Items
(05-18-2019, 01:35 AM)Ravenfreak Wrote: ... this sounds exactly what happened with BBC's Sherlock series. The last season, especially the last episode just felt rushed and out of place so bad to the point where my girl and I haven't even bothered to rewatch it. She loved the series up until that point, and now she doesn't care for it as much anymore.

Sherlock was such a good TV series for the first two seasons. The third series was a little less so and then it was a poor fourth series. I didn't so much think it was rushed, more that the writers got wrapped up in their own overly-confusing ideas and took the story too far from what was liked so much about the show in the first place: simply Sherlock and Dr Watson solving crimes. I haven't seen these episodes since they aired, either. I'll give them another chance at some point.   

Back to Game Of Thrones... I guess a lot of people will find out tonight if the ending is a serious disappointment or not. For me, more like Tuesday morning. Going to be so hard to avoid spoilers.  -_-
My Awards
My Items
Well, the finale has been broadcast - and, like the rest of the series, it seems it's received mixed reviews:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48333709
(NOTE: no spoilers are in this article)

Even if it wasn't a disaster, I doubt it's going to stop that petition - which is now over 1.3 million signatures :O .

My Awards
My Items
I was actually pretty satisfied with the ending.
My Awards
My Items