Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louvre architect I M Pei dies aged 102
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-48303529

I M Pei, the architect behind buildings including the glass pyramid outside the Louvre in Paris, has died aged 102.

Tributes have been pouring in, remembering him for a lifetime of designing iconic structures worldwide.

Pei was born in Guangzhou, China in 1917, and moved to the US at 18 to study at Pennsylvania, MIT and Harvard.

He carried on working well into old age, creating one of his most famous masterpieces - the Museum of Islamic Art in Doha, Qatar - in his 80s.

R.I.P. to a great architect :( . His Louvre design has become an international icon, and I hope that it - along with his other masterpieces - stands in his memory for many years to come.

My condolences to his friends and family.
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
He helped come up with a plan in downtown OKC, which was never really finished. This is a concept art of his original concept, including the Myriad Gardens. 
Spoiler

Rip, good sir.
[Image: 320?cb=20190411152959]
My activity will be sparse, so if you need me, I’ll be on my discord or on Pokémon Reborn.
Obsessedwithbirds [Image: 60?cb=20190708144734][Image: 50?cb=20190710053751]
Ask. | Art and writing. | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
R.I.P.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
(05-17-2019, 12:17 AM)ObsessedwithBirds Wrote: He helped come up with a plan in downtown OKC, which was never really finished. This is a concept art of his original concept, including the Myriad Gardens. 
Spoiler

Rip, good sir.

Oh wow, I didn't know he designed anything so close to your home :O . I mean, I knew he designed a lot (he was active well into old age, and it was a very long life), but that's not one I'd heard about.

(Or, maybe you did tell me about that one, but I just didn't know it was him who designed it!)
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Detective Osprey