Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyrgios throws chair, storms off court
Tennis https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/48300357 Tennis

Australia's Nick Kyrgios forfeited his second-round match at the Italian Open after walking off court against Norway's Casper Ruud.

The 24-year-old was in the deciding set when he was given a game penalty, reportedly for swearing, to trail 2-1.

He then kicked a bottle, threw down his racquet, hurled a chair on the court, picked up his bag and walked off.

Kyrgios has a history of fines for poor behaviour on court and in March clashed with a fan at the Miami Open.

Earlier this week he served underarm during victory over Daniil Medvedev, while his actions on Thursday came as it emerged he told a podcast interview that he "could not stand" Novak Djokovic - who he described as "cringeworthy" - and called Rafael Nadal "super salty".

Wow, what a disgrace this idiot is Angry . At least Rome no longer has to put up with him.

Is he ever going to learn to control himself???
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
Idiot? No, he makes more than you and me combined. 

His behavior is disgraceful, though.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
What an entitled brat! :/
[Image: 320?cb=20190411152959]
My activity will be sparse, so if you need me, I’ll be on my discord or on Pokémon Reborn.

[Image: 610565122489974948.png?v=1]
Ask. | Art and writing. | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
(05-16-2019, 06:40 PM)Dust Bowl Wrote: Idiot? No, he makes more than you and me combined. 

Sure, I'll happily admit his tennis is excellent, and he deserves every penny he gets for that.

Doesn't make his behaviour any less idiotic, though - which is what I was referring to in my post.

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

My Awards
My Items
Gee, chill out dude XD

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Crooked Crow
(05-16-2019, 07:23 PM)Dust Bowl Wrote: Gee, chill out dude XD

Yeah, I just re-worded my post... I'll admit I'm not having the best of days today -_- .

But, I hope I've explained myself adequately.

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
*Hugs*. Feel free to PM me :)

My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Kyng
Typical Kyrgios. His behaviour's worse than McEnroe's, and that speaks volumes. :facepalm:
[Image: mmT4f1B.gif]
Spammers Beware! I got my bollockin' face on!

Spam Topics EXTERMINATED: 42
Apparently CJ thinks my linguistics reading collection is massive enough to be one of the 25 most massive objects in the Solar System :lol:
(07-30-2018, 07:07 PM)Kyng Wrote: Come to think of it, I'm surprised Jarkko's collection of linguistics reading material wasn't there :thinking: .
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2 (2015, 2017) x1 (2014) x2 x1 x1 x1
My Items
And yet punishing Williams for cheating was sexist..... :thinking:

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
(05-17-2019, 01:58 AM)Lurker101 Wrote: And yet punishing Williams for cheating was sexist..... :thinking:

Well, it was a bit more complicated than that. She was punished for cheating, and there were accusations of sexism; however, they relate to separate incidents during the same match.

During the 2018 US Open final, she received three penalties, as follows:

• The first was for taking hand signals from her coach, who was sat in the audience during the match (which just got her a warning). That was the 'cheating'; the next two relate to unsportsmanlike behaviour.

• The second was for smashing her racket (which cost her a point);

• The third was for calling the umpire a 'liar' and a 'thief' for taking that point away (which cost her a game).

Now, the umpire who gave out those penalties was Carlos Ramos - who is notoriously tough on all players (both male and female). I don't think any of these three penalties was overly harsh, though: IMO, they were all justified. But, to judge whether it was sexist, we have to ask the question: would a male player have got the same penalties for doing the same things as she did? Here's what I think:

• In the case of the first offence (taking assistance from the coach), I think the answer is unequivocally 'Yes'. This is a clear-cut violation of the rules, and nobody (or, at least, nobody who knew what they were talking about) defended Serena on this. This includes the people who accused the umpire of sexism: they were upset about the subsequent two penalties (which weren't for any kind of cheating).

• The second offence is a little more complicated: some fans pointed to the men's final the next day, where Novak Djokovic smashed his racket and didn't get a penalty. However, Djokovic had a different umpire - and, some umpires are more relaxed about racket-smashing than others (there are plenty of men who have smashed their rackets who didn't get away with it: for example, Nick Kyrgios!). If Ramos had been officiating that match as well, then I see no reason to believe that Djokovic wouldn't have been penalised.

• The third penalty is the one that people were most upset about. The argument is that men are given more leeway for that kind of thing, because they're expected to be 'outspoken', whereas women who do that get penalised for being 'hysterical'. I suppose there might be some truth to that claim; however, if there is, then the people making the claim need to provide evidence to back it up. I'm sure they'll be able to find individual cases of men saying worse things and not getting penalised - but, once again, different umpires have different tolerance levels for how much verbal abuse they're willing to take (and there are plenty of examples of male players not getting away with it). If they can find an example of Ramos allowing a male player to get away with something similar, then we can talk - but, knowing how tough he is on all players, I find it hard to believe that this would exist.

So, yeah: the way she was treated isn't entirely consistent with the way in which some male players were treated, but: a) it is consistent with the way in which other male players have been treated, and b) it's not at all clear that this inconsistency is due to her gender.

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items