Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows XP lives for another day
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-kb4500331

Even after the POSReady 2009 edition of XP ended support last month, which should've ended XP altogether, Microsoft had decided to give it another lease of life by this new security patch update. Might be good for those that use XP VMs or, the minority that are still stuck at the stone age of computing.

Discuss.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes .bryn's post:
  • Nilla
It'd be funny if Windows XP never dies. :P
[Image: yamiyu10.png]

[Image: d7vij96-a63b17ec-74ef-44a5-bdfc-2e70814679ca.gif] [Image: orgxiii_roxas_stamp_by_xselfdestructive-d31xvow.gif] [Image: 9f6ed7ab86783c057973c1b2caa35f9a-d4927wj.png][Image: jam_those_tunes_by_northboundfox-d4dz2bk.png]
My Awards
x1 (2017)
My Items
XP --much like Disco-- will never die :P
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • .bryn
You could say that XP is deader than disco though Smirk
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
Well, according to this, Windows XP still has a 2.46% share of the desktop market. Not much, but still enough that it might be worth doing the occasional security update.

Only for something really major, though.
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
(05-16-2019, 06:49 AM)Kyng Wrote: Windows XP still has a 2.46% share of the desktop market.
That's very different to what it is on here, which is 1.59% as of April 2019.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items

I'm just kidding... but still, not sure why this can't die. <_<
[Image: 320?cb=20190411152959]
My activity will be sparse, so if you need me, I’ll be on my discord or on Pokémon Reborn.

[Image: 610565122489974948.png?v=1]
Ask. | Art and writing. | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
(05-16-2019, 05:46 AM)BrynStevens Wrote: Might be good for those that use XP VMs or, the minority that are still stuck at the stone age of computing.

Oh you sweet summer child...
Many large companies, banks, and governments still use terminals and mainframes from the 70s (if not older). Such as the IRS which uses things built for the IBM System/360.

The DoD May or may not still be using Strategic Automated Command and Control System (IBM Series/1 with 8 inch floppies)

The other issue is vendors, like say medical equipment, that has software/drivers/hardware that will only work on one edition of Windows and nothing more, and costs 100s of thousands or millions of dollars so its not cost effective to replace, when windows support ends. Then you have CNC machines, and other things for almost an infinite amount of stuff.

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
Windows XP was the first ever Windows software I used. I first used XP as a very young child.
Here is a link to my forum: https://tdhf.boards.net   TDHF has a variety of topics and a very friendly community.
My Awards
My Items
I used XP up until September of last year. I quite enjoyed it. :P
My Awards
My Items