Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F1 2020: Netherlands in, Mexico out
Checkered-flag Netherlands https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48264078 Mexico Checkered-flag

The Dutch Grand Prix will return to the Formula 1 calendar in 2020 for the first time since 1985.

The race is expected to take place at the historic Zandvoort circuit from 8-10 May. The Spanish Grand Prix was held over that weekend this season.

F1 bosses are hoping to benefit from the surge in interest in Red Bull's Dutch driver Max Verstappen.

"A Dutch Grand Prix, with Max's popularity, will be immense," said Red Bull team boss Christian Horner.

As Verstappen has become one of F1's biggest stars, European races have been attended by huge numbers of Dutch fans, the vast majority wearing orange shirts in the national colours. Zandvoort, which is on the coast close to Amsterdam, is expected to be a sell-out.

The Mexico announcement is here (in Spanish; it doesn't seem to have made it into the English-language media yet).

It certainly makes sense to revive the Dutch Grand Prix, given just how wildly popular Max Verstappen is right now. A pity it has to come at the expense of Mexico, though: I quite liked that race :( .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items