Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "What's TCH about" section or announcement
Did you want me to give a thorough, in-depth testimony on how I found this place and my interpretation of its purpose, and such? I don't mind. @ Kyng
[Image: jZ4Jrps.png]
[Image: HF77bDx.png]
My Awards
x1 (2018)
My Items
Tranquility Galaxy Spooks Eremurus Antarctica Yhii Aesop Sorrow Lonely Archimedes Secret Whisper Dream Oddity Fortress Strange Stratosphere Purgatory Halloween Sadness
I only joined cause I knew @ queenzelda was a member here, & I wanted to be a part of a general forum community. Not many General Forums are as big as TCH was from what I could find at the time. So I joined.

Some testimonial, huh? I never even thought of it as a coffee house or anything.. Just a general forum.
[Image: yamiyu10.png]

[Image: d7vij96-a63b17ec-74ef-44a5-bdfc-2e70814679ca.gif] [Image: orgxiii_roxas_stamp_by_xselfdestructive-d31xvow.gif] [Image: 9f6ed7ab86783c057973c1b2caa35f9a-d4927wj.png][Image: jam_those_tunes_by_northboundfox-d4dz2bk.png]
My Awards
x1 (2017)
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yami Yugi 's post:
  • queenzelda
(05-16-2019, 06:05 AM)Crooked Crow Wrote: Did you want me to give a thorough, in-depth testimony on how I found this place and my interpretation of its purpose, and such? I don't mind. @ Kyng

Yep, a couple of members doing that would be good :) .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
(05-15-2019, 10:51 PM)Kyng Wrote: Well, I've done my first draft of the 'history' bit:
Quote:The current board opened in June 2018; however, The Coffee House can trace its roots back further than that. The forum first opened on ZetaBoards in December 2009, when Kyng and ObsessedwithBirds merged their two forums to create what was then known as the 'Imperial Forum'. However, many members considered this name to be too uptight - and, following a vote on a new name, the board adopted the much friendlier name of 'The Coffee House' in November 2010. We then spent the subsequent years getting to know new people, sharing our experiences and forging long-lasting friendships along the way. Of course, there have been some rough patches (most of all, when we were forced to move from our original home); however, we've stuck together as a community, and come out stronger than ever.

Nevertheless, we don't wish to dwell on our history too much, because it's still a work-in-progress - and, by joining us, you have an opportunity to write part of it yourself!

Yeah, I'm missing a lot, but I deliberately kept it short, because I don't want to overwhelm people with pages of history that they were never around to see :P . Just a very quick run-down of two or three main events is probably sufficient.

Also, if we're looking for good topics, we should probably give the "LINGUISTICS!!" topic a mention. It's a solid contender for "Best thread on the entire forum", after all! 

I made a very minor edit to the summary - no need to use 'along the way' twice!

Other than that, I think it's perfect - I agree that we shouldn't go too deep into the history of the board. If people want that, we could always set up a thread in Ask Me titled 'Ask about TCH's History' or something. :P 

In terms of good topics, I agree that Jarkko's Linguistics thread is incredible (even if I only drop in from time to time to give some of it a read!!), but we'd definitely need a more simple thread to contrast it with. I guess we'd have to avoid any threads in the Community Café area.
[Image: CCcP1lA.png]

Quote:
CJ: Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them. So there's that.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2012) x1 (2016) x1 (2017) x1 x1 x6 x6 x3 x1 x2 x4
My Items
Cashew Petal Tictac Moxie
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pyrite's post:
  • Kyng
(05-16-2019, 11:42 AM)Pyrite Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 10:51 PM)Kyng Wrote: Well, I've done my first draft of the 'history' bit:
Quote:The current board opened in June 2018; however, The Coffee House can trace its roots back further than that. The forum first opened on ZetaBoards in December 2009, when Kyng and ObsessedwithBirds merged their two forums to create what was then known as the 'Imperial Forum'. However, many members considered this name to be too uptight - and, following a vote on a new name, the board adopted the much friendlier name of 'The Coffee House' in November 2010. We then spent the subsequent years getting to know new people, sharing our experiences and forging long-lasting friendships along the way. Of course, there have been some rough patches (most of all, when we were forced to move from our original home); however, we've stuck together as a community, and come out stronger than ever.

Nevertheless, we don't wish to dwell on our history too much, because it's still a work-in-progress - and, by joining us, you have an opportunity to write part of it yourself!

Yeah, I'm missing a lot, but I deliberately kept it short, because I don't want to overwhelm people with pages of history that they were never around to see :P . Just a very quick run-down of two or three main events is probably sufficient.

Also, if we're looking for good topics, we should probably give the "LINGUISTICS!!" topic a mention. It's a solid contender for "Best thread on the entire forum", after all! 

I made a very minor edit to the summary - no need to use 'along the way' twice!

Other than that, I think it's perfect - I agree that we shouldn't go too deep into the history of the board. If people want that, we could always set up a thread in Ask Me titled 'Ask about TCH's History' or something. :P 

In terms of good topics, I agree that Jarkko's Linguistics thread is incredible (even if I only drop in from time to time to give some of it a read!!), but we'd definitely need a more simple thread to contrast it with. I guess we'd have to avoid any threads in the Community Café area.

Thanks for spotting that :D !

And, yes, the "Ask about TCH's history" is an excellent idea. In fact, I think I'll start that right away :P .

But, yes: the next topics shouldn't be quite so content-heavy. There should probably be a contest, and also a more 'fun' thread from the discussion areas (I did suggest the Invented Words thread, but I'm not sure I want two from the Linguists' Lounge). Perhaps something from the Gaming Showcase? I don't know.

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Pyrite
What about one of my topics about birds? 

I feel like I should add more, but I keep forgetting. :P
[Image: latest?cb=20190514052512]
[Image: latest?cb=20190421043025][Image: 33?cb=20190413021943][Image: 45?cb=20190415085438]
Warui zo zurui zo akuyaku ihhihhi no hī
Obsessedwithbirds 
Ask. | Art. (updated 5/22) | Fanfics. (updated 5/16) | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir
(05-16-2019, 09:12 PM)ObsessedwithBirds Wrote: What about one of my topics about birds? 

I feel like I should add more, but I keep forgetting. :P

Quite possibly - especially if there's a less technical, more 'fun' one (to contrast with the more heavily in-depth linguistics thread!).

Also, I've done some more work on this page now :) . I've finished the "What is the community about?" section, and done the summaries of the Coffee Credits and awards:

https://tch-forum.com/misc.php?page=comm...troduction

Just the "What kinds of things do you do?" section and the testimonials to do now :D !

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 2 users Like Kyng's post:
  • Dust Bowl , ObsessedwithBirds
Oh darn, I don't think I have a fun one lol.
[Image: latest?cb=20190514052512]
[Image: latest?cb=20190421043025][Image: 33?cb=20190413021943][Image: 45?cb=20190415085438]
Warui zo zurui zo akuyaku ihhihhi no hī
Obsessedwithbirds 
Ask. | Art. (updated 5/22) | Fanfics. (updated 5/16) | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir
But you have got many interesting ones, girl :)
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • ObsessedwithBirds