Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZetaBoards & Tapatalk: One year on
Crossposting to two threads:

According to the ZB community Discord, Tapatalk closed recovering ZB forums today.
I don't recall seeing any notice on it and it's not even a year. Good job caring about us TT.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThA1gowquN5v4r388-VQv...5iS5WvSi9s]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
Wow, really? I wasn't expecting those to end until at least September -_- .

(BTW, I've split all of the "Forums vs Discord" posts into a new thread, here. It's a discussion that's well worth having, but it it's only vaguely related to the ZB/Tapatalk transition, so I decided it was better as its own topic)
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • queenzelda
As someone who still uses tapatalk, because I don't have enough time to save everything on my old forums right away. Apparently they've decided to implement a "lovely" new feature. So basically, Tapatalk is having users "pool" their accounts across all of their forums.
So instead of joining different tapatalk forums with the same, or different names, it would just link to your original profile.
I'm not sure if I'm making a lick of sense, so bear with me...

Basically, I had to change my username to something else. Because there was already someone named Hotspot, in the pool of tapatalk forums. I was like, are you kidding me! I'm the OG Hotspot on Zetaboards, how rude! :P
But that was really annoying.
My Awards
My Items
(05-21-2019, 12:58 AM)Hotspot Wrote: As someone who still uses tapatalk, because I don't have enough time to save everything on my old forums right away. Apparently they've decided to implement a "lovely" new feature. So basically, Tapatalk is having users "pool" their accounts across all of their forums.
So instead of joining different tapatalk forums with the same, or different names, it would just link to your original profile.
I'm not sure if I'm making a lick of sense, so bear with me...

Basically, I had to change my username to something else. Because there was already someone named Hotspot, in the pool of tapatalk forums. I was like, are you kidding me! I'm the OG Hotspot on Zetaboards, how rude! :P
But that was really annoying.

Yeah, that does sound annoying, even if single sign-on is otherwise a nice feature -_- .

Is it at least possible to change usernames on a per-forum basis?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items