Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you discover new music?
Music is everywhere these days. In supermarkets, our friends will play it in front of us etc. We all have different music tastes and bands that we like. So, I’m wondering, how do you guys discover new music when you want to find it? Do you ask friends? Do you turn to the charts? Please tell. 

For me, I do the suggestions I said above but I also sometimes delve into the discover of Spotify or look at the similar artists to the ones I like. I’m constantly wanting to expand who I listen to so I can binge. 

So, what about you?
[Image: 76561198120231752.png][Image: file.php?avatar=20987_1404052962.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2
My Items
Eruption Headache Zach
I let the radio (yes, that old thing) take me to an endless universe of new songs to be discovered.

When they do not mention the name of the songs they have just played (which happens infuriatingly often), I bust out pen and paper, write down the lyrics and take it to Google. It's rewarding like nothing else when you DO find your song.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly
(05-03-2019, 01:43 AM)Dust Bowl Wrote: I let the radio (yes, that old thing) take me to an endless universe of new songs to be discovered.

When they do not mention the name of the songs they have just played (which happens infuriatingly often), I bust out pen and paper, write down the lyrics and take it to Google. It's rewarding like nothing else when you DO find your song.

I DO THAT WITH LYRICS TOO. The worst thing if you can’t find the song again later though...
[Image: 76561198120231752.png][Image: file.php?avatar=20987_1404052962.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2
My Items
Eruption Headache Zach
(05-03-2019, 01:47 AM)Shiny Star Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 01:43 AM)Dust Bowl Wrote: I let the radio (yes, that old thing) take me to an endless universe of new songs to be discovered.

I DO THAT WITH LYRICS TOO. The worst thing if you can’t find the song again later though... 

Yeah, but thankfuilly radios tend to go on a playlist, so your song might come up again soon.

But if not, we can assault the DJ on phone call ;)
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly
Through the movies and TV shows I see and the video games I used to play.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1 (2016) x1
My Items
I follow record labels on their social media pages, as they usually include musicians with roughly the same musical tastes. If I want more of something else, I can go look up other new record labels that are advertised in festivals or other venues.

Also, billboard and top40s are useful general guides. Even if I won't like several songs there, it does help knowing and recognising what others like.
[Image: 16235347681_8cae594d7e_o.jpg] Soundcloud Profile: Ascension Drive
My Awards
My Items
(05-03-2019, 01:43 AM)Dust Bowl Wrote: I bust out pen and paper, write down the lyrics and take it to Google.

"Hey, Siri, who sings this song?" :hehe:
[Image: jCodesSig315.png]

[Image: nexads-pnbar.png]
My Awards
My Items
I don't. XD
In all seriousness, I do tend to just stick with my same small music bubble, but I will listen to other artists if my friends like them a lot or recommend them enough times.
My Awards
My Items
Somebody beats me over the head with a cassette tape, and then whatever one that happens to be, I listen to it.
[Image: j6f64BS.png]

My Awards
x1 (2018)
My Items
Tranquility Galaxy Spooks Eremurus Antarctica Yhii Aesop Sorrow Lonely Archimedes Secret Whisper Dream Oddity Fortress Strange Stratosphere Purgatory Halloween Sadness
(05-07-2019, 10:03 PM)Crooked Crow Wrote: Somebody beats me over the head with a cassette tape, and then whatever one that happens to be, I listen to it.
I think the only cassette tape I still have is of one of my French oral exams. There's no way I'm listening to that :( !
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items